Why become a member? ×

NAD - Nuke!

stewblack

So many great amps for sale right now, and I'd like to get my mitts on many of them. Funds wouldn't quite stretch to them all  but two came my way this week.

The Behringer BX4500H I've owned since my kids were little. They have their own kids now and the amp is beginning to get a bit battered and bits are dropping off. Time to retire it then. Imagine my joy when I was offered one, delivered to my door, in perfect condition. In my experience and opinion it's probably the best kept secret of the bass amp world. It sounds absolutely phenomenal.

I also scored a Bugera BTH3600, known less formally as The Nuke.

I wanted one of these when they first came out and simply couldn't resist this opportunity.

I remember all the wailing a gnashing of teeth at the Bugera and Behringer brands all those years ago, and I'm so glad I ignored it. I now own three of each of their amps and I can't wait to gig The Nuke...once I work out what all the nobs and buttons do!

IMG_20220728_222503.jpg

• Like 6

That, Sir, looks like a vital piece of equipment from a 60s nuclear power station. Personally I love it, regardless of what it sounds like. I like your style. If I were gigging it I'd have a spider plant atop it for some reason, something about spider plants on top of things just says John Steed to me, looks a bit old but still has the class moves.

Sorry, I'm a bit piśśed.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 28/07/2022 at 22:38, stewblack said:

So many great amps for sale right now, and I'd like to get my mitts on many of them. Funds wouldn't quite stretch to them all  but two came my way this week.

The Behringer BX4500H I've owned since my kids were little. They have their own kids now and the amp is beginning to get a bit battered and bits are dropping off. Time to retire it then. Imagine my joy when I was offered one, delivered to my door, in perfect condition. In my experience and opinion it's probably the best kept secret of the bass amp world. It sounds absolutely phenomenal.

I also scored a Bugera BTH3600, known less formally as The Nuke.

I wanted one of these when they first came out and simply couldn't resist this opportunity.

I remember all the wailing a gnashing of teeth at the Bugera and Behringer brands all those years ago, and I'm so glad I ignored it. I now own three of each of their amps and I can't wait to gig The Nuke...once I work out what all the nobs and buttons do!

IMG_20220728_222503.jpg

My first gigging bass amp was a Behringer BX4500H. It did a very good job. Recently I played at a venue in Glasgow where they provided backline and it was... a BX4500H. It still sounded good to these ears!

Edited by mcnach
  • Like 1