Why become a member? ×

NBD: Tokai Hard Puncher 'Boxer' style... Holy cr@p!

Duarte

As the title suggests...

I've moved country and needed a bass to keep me company while the others are back waiting for me overseas. The Tokai came up for a good deal on gumtree, I went to check it out and couldn't leave without it.

This thing is mad. It's hot, bling, garish and built like an anvil. Sounds ballsy and plays superbly too. It's like if Arnold Schwarzenegger were a drag queen, but it's a bass. Anyway, here's pics.

IMG_20220719_152719.jpg

IMG_20220719_152736.jpg

IMG_20220719_152759.jpg

IMG_20220719_152830.jpg

• Like 22

Superb! I've recently picked up a Hard Puncher (P) from 80-81 and it's bonkers good! Congrats! Interestingly, I *think (and I could be wrong) that my Fender PJ basses were made by Tokai Gakki - and they are INSANELY well made. 

• Like 1

Not normally a fan of red basses but, even I have to admit that the red with gold hardware looks mighty fine.

May I also congratulate you on the line "if Arnold Schwarzenegger were a drag queen", I now have this mental image which is both scary and strangely alluring.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Sardonicus said:

Not normally a fan of red basses but, even I have to admit that the red with gold hardware looks mighty fine.

May I also congratulate you on the line "if Arnold Schwarzenegger were a drag queen", I now have this mental image which is both scary and strangely alluring.

I feel the same about red basses, usually. But my first reaction when the seller pulled it out of its case was "woah, that's really red" and I was converted. Back of the neck is red too.

And hey, if drag Arnie is the image this bass conjured in my mind - must be a good'n!