Why become a member? ×

ASHDOWN RM500 EVO II HEAD £225 - *SOLD*
£250
Poole, Dorset

paddybass

For sale is my Ashdown RM500 Evo II Bass head, only used at home for practice and a few gigs as a backup amp. A compact and lightweight amp solution with enough balls for most gigs.

All works as it should except the headphone output which has never worked since I bought it from new.

Just so you know, sometimes in transit you may inadvertently press the headphone button in and then on the gig don't get any sound output. Foxed me for a while first time I tried using it on a gig but just press the switch out and all is good. Don't know if it's just this one but when pressing the headphone button in I just get noise and nothing in headphones, it's not something I want to use anyway so never got it looked at. Amp is all good other than that, blue mute light works.

Selling at a sensible price because of the headphone output issue but don't let that put you off, it's all good. cheapest I can see new is £459.

Try out and collection in Poole, Dorset or can post in a well protected box at cost. 

Thanks. 

blurb:

Now in its second evolution is the RM-500. The 500-watt power section of the RM500 EVO has been developed to maintain a deep low end, defined mids and transient highs delivering its output into a 4-ohm load. Ashdown Rootmaster heads are the perfect choice for working bassists looking for power and features without the weight.

The Rootmaster EVO series’ pre amp now includes a passive and active input jack socket for use with high and low output instruments, this sets a clear signal path to the input control enabling you to fine tune your input level using the trademark Ashdown VU meter. With the signal at its optimal level, you then hit the rich features designed enhance your tone, such as the shape button, 5-band EQ and on-board compressor. The drive control, as always delivers a delectable valve emulated over-drive, whilst the sub harmonic controls add further fatness to your tone - both can be foot-switched via an FS 2 footswitch (sold separately).

Rootmaster EVO heads also feature an upgraded power section plus a handy mute button. What’s even cooler is when switched to mute, the trademark Ashdown Engineering VU meter changes from orange to cool blue – creating the perfect on stage mood lighting between sets.

Power Output500 Watts

Power Requirement115-230 Volts

Speaker Outputs2 x Neutrik Speakon/Jack outputs

Frequency Response-3dB @ 17Hz und 30KHz

High Instrument InputImpedance 3.9m Ohms, input range 150mV 

Low Instrument InputImpedance 10k Ohms, input range 300mV - 40V p-p

Line InputImpedance 22k Ohms, input level 0dBu nominal

DI Output600 Ohm balanced, Level 0dBu nominal

Tuner OutputImpedance 22k Ohms, Level 0dBu nominal

ImpedanceMinimum 4 Ohms

Signal to noiseBetter than 80dB (EQ flat)

EQBass +/-15dB @ 100Hz Lo Mid +/-15dB @ 220Hz Middle +/-15dB @ 660Hz Hi Mid +/-15dB @ 1.6kHz Treble +/-15dB @ 7kHz shelving Deep +

Effects SendImpedance 22k Ohm, Level 0dBu nominal

Effects ReturnImpedance 22k Ohms, Input Level 0dBu Nominal

DistortionLess than 0.5% THD

H x W x D (mm)86 x 314 x 235

Weight (kg/lbs)2.1/4.6

IMG_5628.jpg

IMG_5629.jpg

IMG_5623.jpg

IMG_5624.jpg

IMG_5625.jpg

IMG_5621.jpg

Edited by paddybass