Why become a member? ×

Brown Eyed Girl isolated bass

LITTLEWING

Sounds very much the bass has been retroactively isolated rather than it being an individual track. There is some AI software that can separate the indivudual tracks of a recording but obviously it can't do it perfectly as all the audio isn't there. It tend to have the warbling phasing sound that you hear.

Yeah, it does say in the description that it was artificially split using software (and the whole channel belongs to a company that provides this service). I'd rather see this made explicit in the video title though, because genuine stems from the original multi-track recording can tell you a lot more than just the notes - e.g. what the tone sounds like out of the mix (often horrible, but it's educational to hear it!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MartinB said:

Yeah, it does say in the description that it was artificially split using software (and the whole channel belongs to a company that provides this service).

I didn't see any description, but yes, that much is obvious. Who provides that as a service then when you can do it for free?

20 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

Not even slightly Ska'd enough for the version that we do!

The Reel Big Fish version?  We used to do that too - made me much more fond of a song that I’d come to detest over the years....🤔