Why become a member? ×

Can you hear me?

Rayman

Home practise, for me, is quite a personal thing. It's me time, after a day at work, I like to play my bass, to unwind, to get in the zone, and breathe again. Sometimes it's out loud, sometimes it's through phones.....

However.......

I'm finding Mrs Raymans' insistence on me playing out loud, so she can hear it, along to some funk or hip hop stuff she likes, as opposed to any rock or pop that I  might want to play to, IRRITATING!

IT'S MY BLOODY TIME NOT YOURS!!!!!

So yesterday I was about to put the phones on and dig in to some pop, when she says "No play out loud, I want to hear it". ........sigh..... ok...... so I start playing along to some pop, some Gwen Stefani as it happens, (actually great for pop groove practise), and she groans and pulls a face. "I hate that stuff.... play something I like"

😣

IT'S

MY

TIIIIIIIIIIIIIME !!!!!!!!!!!!

It's doing my head in.

Edited by Rayman
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

8 minutes ago, Rayman said:

...It's doing my head in.

Record a bit of the playing that she likes to hear, and play it back, audibly, whilst you play your stuff with your 'phones on. ;)

Edited by Dad3353
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

So she likes funk? Play along to some old school James Brown or Meters or early Funkadelic tunes. Like “Maggot Brain” or “Funky Dollar Bill” or something. 

And hiphop? Play along to “Mexico Or Bust” by New Kingdoms. You’ll probably only need to do it the once before she begs you to pack it in...

I mean, I loooove that New Kingdoms album but it’s as sludgy and messed up as hiphop gets. 

Mrs Rayman will soon be pleading with you to play along to “The Birdie Song” for a bit of light relief afterwards.

I won’t upload the video for that because, well... probably an instant ban innit 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Old Horse Murphy said:

Have you considered divorce? It might be a solution. 

Technically we’re not married 

Well….. we’re just not married period, there’s no technically about it. I could just throw her out tbh

Edited by Rayman
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, meterman said:

So she likes funk? Play along to some old school James Brown or Meters or early Funkadelic tunes. Like “Maggot Brain” or “Funky Dollar Bill” or something. 

And hiphop? Play along to “Mexico Or Bust” by New Kingdoms. You’ll probably only need to do it the once before she begs you to pack it in...

I mean, I loooove that New Kingdoms album but it’s as sludgy and messed up as hiphop gets. 

Mrs Rayman will soon be pleading with you to play along to “The Birdie Song” for a bit of light relief afterwards.

I won’t upload the video for that because, well... probably an instant ban innit 😂

Oh I LOVE hip hop and funk….. but not ALL the time….. I love me some cheesy pop….. and some dirty metal

• Like 1