Why become a member? ×

Hair length a requirement for this band

Clarky

Having watched the video they look/sound like a group of teenagers in their first band. Finding a bassist with long hair is the LEAST of their issues. Playing in time and singing in tune should be their priorities. You can add a 'name' Producer to anything but you can't always polish a turd....

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, cetera said:

Having watched the video they look/sound like a group of teenagers in their first band. Finding a bassist with long hair is the LEAST of their issues. Playing in time and singing in tune should be their priorities. You can add a 'name' Producer to anything but you can't always polish a turd....

Totally agree. Managed to get to about the 15 sec mark and tapped out. Not sure if they were all playing the same song either.
Looks like a 1 ego project being driven by the lead singer/guiturdist who likes to bask in his own magnificence. 

• Like 1

They have been advertising for quite a while.  After further investigation, it seems 'they' are a 3 piece that are advertising for a drummer and a bassist!  So the main man, a certain Julian Molinero, appears to have been dumped by his bandmates and is now looking for a new band!

3 hours ago, Crusoe said:

I don't know much about the professional music world, so can I ask how they can afford someone like Steve Albini to produce them? Do they have a record deal (how?) or has mummy or daddy financed them?

Steve Albini actually does offer affordable rates to indie bands. He does work to scale which has always made him somewhat attainable to bands. 

However you are very much getting a ‘sound of your band playing live in a room’ type of recording rather than a highly polished product. 

'Must be willing to dress up a little bit crazy' - but not too crazy, don't want to upstage Julian do we?

'The band's image is that of a gang of individuals' - who are so individual that they all have long hair.

'Will best suit somebody who doesn't mind that they aren't the songwriter' - you won't mind making zilch from publishing, even if you came up with the killer bass line that everyone hums when they think of the song.

'Location: Camden, London' - where dreams go to die.

• Like 1

I didn't watch any of the vids as it's not relevant as to whether this is a good ad or not. Even the worst band in the world has the right to be selective about who they play with.

I think it's OK for them to specify some image and commitment requirements, and to be honest about expected songwriting contribution. No problem from me on that side.

On the downside it came across like they take themselves a bit too seriously .

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Nail Soup said:

I didn't watch any of the vids as it's not relevant as to whether this is a good ad or not. Even the worst band in the world has the right to be selective about who they play with.

I think it's OK for them to specify some image and commitment requirements, and to be honest about expected songwriting contribution. No problem from me on that side.

On the downside it came across like they take themselves a bit too seriously .

All good except it's apparently just the singer recruiting for a replacement set of unrewarded underlings on his mission to stardom.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I was once jobbing as a temp bass player for a goth type band. When we were backstage at my first gig with them they all got out these black full length kaftans to wear, they'd got me one as well. I was like 'really?'. But it was compulsory. I felt an absolute berk on stage.

Edited by SurlyJoe
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SurlyJoe said:

I was once jobbing as a temp bass player for a goth type band. When we were backstage at my first gig with them they all got out these black full length kaftans to wear, they'd got me one as well. I was like 'really?'. But it was compulsory. I felt an absolute berk on stage.

I turned up to a graduation day gig at one of the local colleges - outside, summer party themed. The BL had bought Hawaiian shirts for the band. But being a gentleman of large proportions and not so forward thinking, he'd bought five all the same size. I looked like a Hawaiian tent with a headstock sticking out. At least we looked like a gang of sorts. Well, not 'sorts' but the appropriate phrase is probably not for this post. 😀

• Like 1