Why become a member? ×

Police and Thieves at DV247 Romford-lefty alert!

4 hours ago, Bolo said:

Err, what kind of link is that? I shouldn't have clicked on it but it's before my morning coffee. Opened some sort of faux mail programme?

Woops sorry, they sent me an email and I C&P'd it without thinking of screen-shotting it, luckily Velarian is much more sensible than me! BTW It was just 'Outlook' that the link sent you to, so not malicious.....

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Dood said:

I used to work for a guitar mag recording gear videos based opposite DV247. Considering their security, it must have been a tough time getting in!

Based on most members experience getting anything out of that building is difficult whether you pay for it or not.

• Haha 1

I’ve been there many times , they got lots of equipment there and it’s quite a good shop for basses, nice practice room to try them out, although it’s on a small industrial park it looks really secure, I’m surprised someone managed to get in

I was actually in there the following day as they had a couple of guitars in stock that a friend wanted to try out.  There were no obvious signs of a break-in at the shop (e.g. boarded up windows), so I wonder if they were taken from the stock room/warehouse. 

3 hours ago, Saul Panzer said:

Seems like a weird choice to steal those, lefties are the niche subset of an already niche instrument whose community has a thing about calling out stolen gear and alerting other players.

I'm guessing opportunists who accessed the stockroom and just grabbed whatever they saw first.

On 14/07/2022 at 18:21, Bunion said:

Well damn, a taste of their own medicine 

If you are referring to their disgusting shenanigans a few years back, staff arriving for work with the shops locked up, jobs lost over night, but as usual the big boys get off scot free........

Deep breath.....

Then I am in complete agreement with you Mr Bunion     Well said !!