Why become a member? ×

NAD MarkBass Mini CMD121P Combo

2pods

Arrived today in very good time from Promenade Music. It's everything I hoped it would be, and sounds amazing :i-m_so_happy:

It's very versatile, but I'm probably preaching to the choir here. It's the  version 4, Indonesian model.

Given my health situation (Fibromyalgia and CFS) it's a wee bit hefty for me to lift (I know, totally weak, but even my bass is heavy enough to hurt at the moment), but weighs a lot less than my previous amps and cabs, but still sounds like a fair sized rig. It's sound and "heft" is easily comparable with my last Ashdown EVOII and mini cab. 

I love everything about it except for the awkward location of the DI out etc (underneath). For some reason I'd got it into my head it would be at the back of the cab :facepalm:However, if I'm ever in a position to gig again, a spare cab would solve that.

I'll have to get some sort of cover for it, as our cats are eyeing the carpet covering already. Do the older versions of the Markbass covers fit this version too ?

20220713_163636.thumb.jpg.98dd33eb240dd4e7602754bf9f7b1a48.jpg

20220713_163650.thumb.jpg.3b397b0e5a432d68af5a2b0b2839024f.jpg

Fascia.thumb.JPG.ceba7ac58a949f3f932e4742337cce72.JPG

20220713_164126.thumb.jpg.aa3da4ab888983bed11f156ca19d8eb1.jpg

20220713_163754.thumb.jpg.0ce00aabf338b450a94f4fd74e62af6e.jpg

Edited by 2pods
  • Like 3

Enjoy.

To answer your question, the cab is the same size as the earlier versions so I see no reason for the cover not to fit. If you go for a Roqsolid one, you can send them your measurements and they will make to that size but they usually have a pattern with the standard dimensions anyway.

Re the DI, it is a pain but whenever I have gone through a PA, the soundy has found the socket and plugged it in, they are used to this model.

Edited by yorks5stringer
  • Like 1

I just put a short, noticeably-coloured XLR patch cable into the DI-out, leave it coiled in the back and tell the sound tech to plug their cable into that - saves on irritation and potential damage.

Pretty cool that, going by the date on the back, your amp seems to be from March next year! 🙂 

• Like 1

They've changed it! - the VLE is now " Old School" is it? and the VPF is gone in favour of a preshape. Balanced input has also gone but footswitch has appeared. and a mute switch at long last.  Did they do anything about the hissy horn?

• Like 1

They've changed it! - the VLE is now " Old School" is it? and the VPF is gone in favour of a preshape. Balanced input has also gone but footswitch has appeared. and a mute switch at long last.  Did they do anything about the hissy horn?

It's hornless, as it's the tweeter version (maybe Dairy version :P)

Can't say I've noticed it, but I haven't ran it at any great volume so far.

Did the input jack socket always light up ?

Yeah, the date thing is a bit strange.

I didn't notice if it was delivered in a De Lorean though :laugh1:

Wouldn't mind finding out though...

Edited by 2pods

So far it's OK to put up with, though I may feel differently after a while.

Time will tell.

Still can't believe how good the sound is from something as small as that.

Though I did have a baby EA iAMP350 combo that had really good sound.

That was about the same size, but much, much, heavier.

7 hours ago, Ed_S said:

I just put a short, noticeably-coloured XLR patch cable into the DI-out, leave it coiled in the back and tell the sound tech to plug their cable into that - saves on irritation and potential damage.

Pretty cool that, going by the date on the back, your amp seems to be from March next year! 🙂 

Good idea that 

• Like 1

Great thread. I had a Mark I and should never have sold it, but I didn’t know I was about to be approached by a new band.

I remember playing a mini festival organised by Matamp, who also provided the PA. The Matamp engineer took one look at it and said “I’m glad someone here has a decent amp”. I wasn’t that glad… he made everyone else plug into it…

Enjoy the amp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Their new '58' series combo's have DI out and EFX loop on front/top panel and offer version with 'Hi-Fi' voice coil tweeter

Congrats on new amp; I have version before IV Series and it preforms well above it's size, weight, great tone and good value.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ossyrocks said:

I must check these out, I’m about 15 minutes walk from Promenade Music.

BTW, they must have sent this one back from the future through some sort of portal, the back panel has a date of 03-2023 !

Hope that’s not the ‘best before’ date!

• Haha 1