Why become a member? ×

Fender Vintera 50's p bass or Squire 40th anniversary p bass?

YuryReon

Hi guys!

Which bass would you choose, Vintera 50's p bass or Squire 40th anniversary p bass? 900 EUR vs 500 EUR.
I would like to add a bass to my collection. Both basses are nice but completely different. I have never had any experience with Squire basses.

The best price for Vintera was offered 900 EUR + a new set of strings (the original ones are dead).
The bass has been on sale in the store for about two years. They don't want to decrease the price because the regular price for these basses is 1100-1200 EUR in the EU.
The manager also told me that they often have quality issues on Squier basses, and they send them back. This also applies to the 40th-anniversary series.

On 13/07/2022 at 14:43, YuryReon said:

Hi guys!

Which bass would you choose, Vintera 50's p bass or Squire 40th anniversary p bass? 900 EUR vs 500 EUR.
I would like to add a bass to my collection. Both basses are nice but completely different. I have never had any experience with Squire basses.

The best price for Vintera was offered 900 EUR + a new set of strings (the original ones are dead).
The bass has been on sale in the store for about two years. They don't want to decrease the price because the regular price for these basses is 1100-1200 EUR in the EU.
The manager also told me that they often have quality issues on Squier basses, and they send them back. This also applies to the 40th-anniversary series.

Based on my experience with Squier quality control (or lack of) I would go with Vintera

13 hours ago, Geek99 said:

Vintera … but he can come down

id rather take a haircut on the sale price than have it using wall space for two more years

is it an unpopular colour? 

No, I would say basses that cost more than 400 EUR are not popular in our poor country. :)

The bass itself is great.

2 minutes ago, shoulderpet said:

Beautiful bass, I have the classic 50s which is what the Vintera used to be called and it is a fantastic bass, I dont think you will dissapointed

I played one of those classic 50s too; partner urged me to buy it. It was also red and gold 

I declined saying that I didn’t really need it … 🤦‍♂️

1 hour ago, Geek99 said:

I played one of those classic 50s too; partner urged me to buy it. It was also red and gold 

I declined saying that I didn’t really need it … 🤦‍♂️

Sacrilege, at no point in your life do you ever not need another bass!

1 hour ago, Lozz196 said:

Sacrilege, at no point in your life do you ever not need another bass!

At that time my daughter was tiny and not sleeping. I was a walking zombie. Partner suffering with CFS. 

I didn’t have mental capacity for bass; though probably sufficient for guitar 😈

Edited by Geek99