Why become a member? ×

ON HOLD - EBS HD350 with moulded 2u flight case - £180 - *SOLD*
£180
Manchester

three

For sale, an EBS HD350 amp head.  Toured by many high-end pros apparently, and preferred by some to the later (similar) models – so I’m told.  I bought this as a relatively lightweight, well-spec’d AB head, then failed to use it much at all – no gigs or rehearsals in my ownership.  The amp weighs about 20lbs but is an easy carry in the included 2u flightcase.  I bought the head on here a couple of years ago for around £300 from a lovely seller in the South.  Cosmetically, it’s in excellent condition with almost no marking or wear – please see the images.  I touched-in the paint on the rack brackets – there was a little wear as one might expect.  Overall, a very shiny, attractive and spotlessly clean amp head.

Full disclosure.  On receipt, I noticed that the amp had a tendency to crackle and fizz with the master volume set low.  I took it to a local amp tech (very good, very well-qualified) and he gave it a full and clean bill of health – the seller very kindly offered to pay for the service (I declined, it was cheap).  Still, on occasion, I’d hear the distorted crackle with the amp on very low master volume settings.  Turning up made the buzz/distortion disappear and all would settle.  I’ve rotated the volume (and other knobs) many times over the past few days and the issue seems to have disappeared – a dirty pot?  I don’t have any switch cleaner unfortunately, and wouldn’t know what to do with it if I did.  So, I think that all is resolved.  The only other issue is that I’ve never seen the compressor light illuminate – though I play with a light touch and fairly low gain.  The light may work, it’s just that I haven’t pushed it.

Overall, an amp that has been pretty much unused and stored (apart from the service) – this may account for the initial fizz and then the disappearance of the latter as the amp has had a little more attention.  On account of the caveats/disclosure, the price is £180 – I’d have thought a significant bargain for one of these in a case (albeit the case is a reasonably cheap if functional one).  These seem to go for around £300-400 and much more in the US.  I have a box and can ship.  Shipping to the UK (at buyer’s cost and risk) should be around £20.  Collection in East Manchester is an option, though this will be need to be socially distanced as I’ve just had surgery.

Full spec and manual is available at:

https://w8q2y4p3.stackpathcdn.com/content2/wp-content/uploads/2016/05/hd_350.pdf

Any Questions please just ask.         

1333340F-8BAE-40AF-87C0-5BC21683E691.jpeg

IMG_5760.JPG

IMG_5761.JPG

IMG_5765.JPG

IMG_5778.JPG

IMG_5781.JPG

IMG_5782.JPG

IMG_5783.JPG

IMG_5784.JPG

Edited by three
  • Like 2

Bargain of the year! 

I had a TD650 that did the same  distortion thing with the volume almost off but as soon as you turned it up a tiny amount it disappeared. My tech couldn't find anything wrong with it and I gigged it for years. I wouldn't worry about it at double the price.....

• Thanks 1

• three changed the title to SOLD - EBS HD350 with moulded 2u flight case - £180