Why become a member? ×

Yamaha does it for me again

Rayman

Yamaha have been my #1 brand for years. I’ve had many, many of ‘em over the years, everything from MIJ BB3000s to MIK RBX170 and everything in between…. And at ANY price point, they are consistently amazing.

But while looking for something to partner up to my awesome IGB68, I happened across this absolutely immense ‘04 MIK TRB1005. Once again, Yamaha have absolutely blown me away. This thing is beautiful. I wanted a similar feeling bass to the Aria, 3 band EQ, similar neck…. and this thing fits the bill perfectly.

I knew with the first note, that it was my sound. Loads of tonal options, lovely low action, it’s perfect.

I’ve been on a bit of a tonal journey, with tapes on old school instruments, and as much fun as that was, I feel much more at home with these. They’re not quite up there with my old Kinal MK5, but honestly they’re close, and between them, and my Sunn Mustang, I think all angles are covered for now.

3B4CFE5C-D504-44D8-B9EC-5CC9334B982D.jpeg

5F1CAC66-1D82-49AF-ADB4-C6A691FED4AB.jpeg

D07C35CE-1FB3-467B-974F-49E14072B973.jpeg

84BD9EA5-AB5A-4D7B-B0BD-1B8097799371.jpeg

• Like 13

Yeah they are really nice basses. I had the exact same model (did wonder if that was my actual old one!) and was amazed by the sound.

I only sold mine because it was too heavy for me, but they’re a lot of bass for not a lot of dosh. 

Good work. 

Edited by bassbiscuits
  • Like 2

On 14/07/2022 at 21:55, bassbiscuits said:

Yeah they are really nice basses. I had the exact same model (did wonder if that was my actual old one!) and was amazed by the sound.

I only sold mine because it was too heavy for me, but they’re a lot of bass for not a lot of dosh. 

Good work. 

I think that bass, is the same one I owned, then sold to you, I recognise some of the songs 😂. Great bass, just the 35" is too much for me these days.

• Like 2