Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz '74 - open to offers
£4500
SE16 London

Scoopdude

For sale is this wonderful Jazz bass - I have owned it since January this year. I brought it from Wunjo on Denmark Street, London. They purchased it from Andy Baxter up in Leeds. Here is the link to expired add on Andy's website which details all of the specs and condition of the bass in great detail:-

https://www.andybaxterbass.com/products/1974-fender-jazz-bass-sunburst-1?_pos=4&_sid=30b848437&_ss=r

I am selling simply because I have not ended up playing it that much - I am mainly playing double bass these days and as for electric I am usually more drawn to my P bass.

It was somewhat of a spontaneous purchase; I was really taken with the immense tone of the bass, as it says in Andy's add it has tonnes of growl, obviously sounds amazing slapped, great rock, funk, soul tone, and incredible with a pick especially with bridge pickup rolled off and a bit of overdrive.

Currnety string with that I think are D'addario Nickel Wound 45's.

The case is a G&G 'Original Vintage Case Company', so I guess not the original case that would have come with the bass, it is at least not the same case as on Andy's website.

Both chrome covers and thumb rest included - do have a look at the link above for all details.

Check out the videos below - 1st one in the shop when I brought it, 2nd one with a pick and some overdrive.

OPEN TO OFFERS 

IMG_0779.JPG

IMG_0778.JPG

IMG_0780 2.JPG

IMG_0789 2.JPG

IMG_0787 2.JPG

IMG_0786 2.JPG

IMG_0785 2.JPG

IMG_0784 2.JPG

IMG_0783 2.JPG

IMG_0782 2.JPG

IMG_0788 2.JPG