Why become a member? ×

Scott Dixon 2x10 Bass Cab - Aluminium Superlight - £300 including UK shipping - *SOLD*
£295
Manchester

three

Now £300 including UK shipping

A Scott Dixon 210 rear ported bass cab - rated at 600 watts with two Celestion Drivers.  Further details are available here:

https://www.scottdixoninc.com/products/speaker-cabs/

Extremely light - about 13kg with the front lid and 11kg without.  8 Ohms. Two combination Speakon connectors.  The cab is in excellent condition - a few minor marks from usage (mainly on knuckle corners) - this cab certainly hasn't been hammered and looks pretty much new.  Built to the usual, ultra-high SD spec. - fit and finish is outstanding.

I think these are around £650 (possibly £695) new, so £295 seems more than fair really.  As above, I can ship in the UK for £300.  Very easy one-hand lift/carry with the recessed handle on top.  I just haven't used the cab and it's taking-up space.  Collection to the East of Manchester preferred, though I can probably ship in the UK.

Any questions, please just ask. 

IMG_5742.JPG

IMG_5743.JPG

IMG_5744.JPG

IMG_5746.JPG

IMG_5747.JPG

Edited by three
Shipping option
  • Like 7

• three changed the title to Scott Dixon 2x10 Bass Cab - Aluminium Superlight - £295
  • 2 weeks later...

love the look of these.. shame you're 4 hours away bit too much of a trek for my old fatass

out of interest how well these Aluminium cabs handle a low B on a 5'er?

Edited by BigJHW
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, BigJHW said:

love the look of these.. shame your 4 hours away bit too much of a trek for my old fatass

out of interest how well these Aluminium cabs handle a low B on a 5'er?

Thanks, it's a lovely cab but I'd agree, 4 hours is a bit of a trek.  Apologies, I can't really comment on the low B question, I only play fours, and that's enough of a struggle.  I'll check around to see if I can find any comments from other users

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Any interest in trades?

Thanks - I hadn't really thought of this and would prefer a sale, though it depends what's on offer!  I have a few preamps, and only play short scale if that helps - I don't tend to use effects either (though I'm not sure if any of this helps!)

15 hours ago, itsmedunc said:

Mmmm. I’ll have to have a look what I’ve got. I’m trying to move my long scale basses on in favour of shorties!

Cheers

Dunc

It seems like a few of us are heading in the same direction!  Shorties and lightweight (though I've made more progress with the former)

• three changed the title to Scott Dixon 2x10 Bass Cab - Aluminium Superlight - £295 - shipping possible in UK

Hi. I have been trying to find frequency response, sensitivity and SPL stats for these but there is nothing on the manufacturer’s website, or elsewhere on the web (as far as I can find). Ditto reviews, apart from one not particularly helpful demo on YouTube. Do you have any more info on it? Subjective I know but what is the bass response like and would you say it is vintage, or modern voiced?

Thanks,

Pat

Edited by Obrienp

21 hours ago, Obrienp said:

Hi. I have been trying to find frequency response, sensitivity and SPL stats for these but there is nothing on the manufacturer’s website, or elsewhere on the web (as far as I can find). Ditto reviews, apart from one not particularly helpful demo on YouTube. Do you have any more info on it? Subjective I know but what is the bass response like and would you say it is vintage, or modern voiced?

Thanks,

Pat

Thanks for this and I have to admit, I've struggled to find spec's too.  I know that the speakers are Celestion neo but that's about it.  To me, the cab has a fairly modern voice, though I only use 'modern' voiced basses, and nearly always active.  The cab doesn't have all the poke of something like a Berg HD210 (but nothing does in my experience), or the up-front presence of a Wayne Jones 1x10 or 2x10 cab - in all, I find it fairly even, modern and efficient (and very easy to transport).  Apologies, I know this isn't much help and if I find anything further, I'll post here.

Edited by three

57 minutes ago, three said:

Thanks for this and I have to admit, I've struggled to find spec's too.  I know that the speakers are Celestion neo but that's about it.  To me, the cab has a fairly modern voice, though I only use 'modern' voiced basses, and nearly always active.  The cab doesn't have all the poke of something like a Berg HD210 (but nothing does in my experience), or the up-front presence of a Wayne Jones 1x10 or 2x10 cab - in all, I find it fairly even, modern and efficient (and very easy to transport).  Apologies, I know this isn't much help and if I find anything further, I'll post here.

Thank you. Actually that is very helpful for me. The kind of stuff I am playing requires vintage voicing, so I am afraid the cab is probably not what I am looking for at the moment but I am sure it will suit plenty of other people. It definitely looks the business and the weight/portability is fantastic. GLWTS.

On 30/08/2022 at 11:38, Obrienp said:

Thank you. Actually that is very helpful for me. The kind of stuff I am playing requires vintage voicing, so I am afraid the cab is probably not what I am looking for at the moment but I am sure it will suit plenty of other people. It definitely looks the business and the weight/portability is fantastic. GLWTS.

Apologies for the delayed response and thanks very much - I'd concur entirely, this is probably a relatively bright cab and may not suit those looking for a thoroughly vintage tone.  It's sort of a good all-rounder but errs on the brighter side in terms of voicing.  It's certainly very light - almost laughably so for a 2x10 and is extremely robust and sturdy

• three changed the title to Scott Dixon 2x10 Bass Cab - Aluminium Superlight - £300 including UK shipping
  • 1 month later...
  • three changed the title to SOLD - Scott Dixon 2x10 Bass Cab - Aluminium Superlight - £300 including UK shipping