Why become a member? ×

Your fave bass player of all time, numero uno, the mutts nuts with a YT vid showing why

I really can't tell who my favourite bass player of all time is. Most of the people that I might consider for the position have already been mentioned so I thought I'd mention someone who would otherwise be very unlikely to come up here: Markus Grosskopf

This German guy, bass player of "happy metal" band Helloween, even in his genre does not have the standing of a Steve Harris or a Steve Di Giorgio.

As a band, Helloween were never at the top of my list and I rarely listen to them these days. They have nothing to do with what I try to play now. But, for the genre, I think Grosskopf's bass lines were always absolutely spot on. Some 20 years ago, when I was pretty much only into metal, I would have chosen him as my favourite. Especially for his playing in the widely ignored album Pink Bubbles Go Ape.

31 minutes ago, Paolo85 said:

I really can't tell who my favourite bass player of all time is. Most of the people that I might consider for the position have already been mentioned so I thought I'd mention someone who would otherwise be very unlikely to come up here: Markus Grosskopf

This German guy, bass player of "happy metal" band Helloween, even in his genre does not have the standing of a Steve Harris or a Steve Di Giorgio.

As a band, Helloween were never at the top of my list and I rarely listen to them these days. They have nothing to do with what I try to play now. But, for the genre, I think Grosskopf's bass lines were always absolutely spot on. Some 20 years ago, when I was pretty much only into metal, I would have chosen him as my favourite. Especially for his playing in the widely ignored album Pink Bubbles Go Ape.

I used to be a big fan of Helloween, they have a great sense of humour. These days I never seem to be in the mood for German Power Metal.

• Like 1