Why become a member? ×

Mayones BE4 Exotic, Handcrafted in Poland, MEC electronics, Early Model, Excellent Condition - *SOLD*
£450
Near Horsham

James_Taylor

Mayones BE4 Exotic 4 string, very early model.

Handcrafted In Poland by Mayones in the late 90s I believe. I reached out to Mayones themselves with the serial number on the rear of the headstock and was told that it was a very early model.

This bass is pretty lightweight and looks great. The build quality and crafting are amazing and it is in excellent condition.

It features what I believe to be a mahogany/maple neck, topped with a very dark (almost ebony-like) rosewood fretboard, over amazakoe (ovangkol) body in natural waxed finish. I believe one of the craft woods in Bubinga but I cannot be certain in afraid.
It has a few superficial marks in the usual places (bolt on joint, rear strap pin) as I have tried to demonstrate in the attached pics . Other than that it’s pretty spotless. The body is just exposed wood grain and the neck feels beautiful in the hand, thin but comfortable and plays very fast if that is your thing. 
Bridge is nice and tight and the fretboard is spotless. There are a couple of very small dings in the back on the neck about halfway down, but due to the open woodgrain on the neck, they aren't very noticeable and take away nothing from the instrument itself. Very minor wear to the frets. Headstock very good. Machine heads all clean and functioning perfectly. Very high spec hardware all round.

The bass features MEC pickups, with a tone pretty close to a Warwick but a little more versatile and a 2-band preamp. The sound is tight and punchy, everything you would expect from dense exotic woods.
Neck is nice and straight with truss rod working as it should, action is set low. Passive pickups and has a push/ pull volume knob to turn on the on-board active electronics.

Comes with a nicely padded TGI soft case in very good condition.

All in all this is an amazing bass at a great price.

Collection from RH13 or contact me for a shipping quote as I’ll need to pack it carefully. Courier preferred. Insurance at buyer’s cost.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Edited by James_Taylor
Sold
  • Like 16

• James_Taylor changed the title to Mayones BE4 Exotic, Handcrafted in Poland, MEC electronics, Early Model, Excellent Condition
  • James_Taylor changed the title to SOLD - Mayones BE4 Exotic, Handcrafted in Poland, MEC electronics, Early Model, Excellent Condition