Why become a member? ×

New Darkglass drive pedal: B1K

fretmeister

There’s no faulting Darkglass gear, but the one challenge is always the price.   If this truly can match the sound of the B3K for £139, and take up less space, then it’s got to be a winner.

Most people probably don’t alter the blend once set, and adding grunt, bite, is a personal preference, so concealing those controls may not be an issue for some, might even be a bonus for those that don’t tweak much. 

6 minutes ago, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I can only presume this is Korg USA's idea of what Darkglass fans are after?

I think the idea is as well conceived as the playing of Distant Early Warning in that demo.

Ah, a song notable for distorted bass tones. Wait…

How long til Mooer et al make a clone: it’s already the right size for them!

Just now, hiram.k.hackenbacker said:

I meant the actual playing, but yes agreed, not really a song noted for its overdrive.

Yeah a lot of the demo playing was the sort of enthusiastic bashing even I can manage. Although I’d play DEW better than that…

switches inside the pedal, oof, cheating or just lame? So fiddly, think that would annoy me as I love tinkering with settings.

In today's shocking news: Darkglass put out another distortion pedal 😆

In all seriousness though I can see the appeal - my B7KU is the foundation sound to my tone and always on/set to the same settings, so I can see the upsides of having a tiny footprint. That said though it would be nice to see Darkglass try something else, this must be well over the 10th distortion pedal they've produced?

I imagine next in line will be an equivalent of the alpha omega, x7 etc.

• Like 1

big fan of DG stuff.

one of the things that makes me like their pedals is the amount of adjustability on offer, and therefore flexibility for different tones, guitars, genres, playing styles etc. this makes that more difficult to access. so of no interest to me.

but this is clearly aimed at someone who doesn't adjust settings often.

i guess they keep making distortion pedals because people keep buying them! not the first company to do that...

Edited by robiredale
  • Like 1

I think this is great. Because the insides are exactly the same as b3k, then clearly if you want to fiddle with settings, you buy a b>1k. If this pedal has your basic always on tone, or you need just one kind of good overdrive that you don't need to adjust, then why would you ever want it to take more space and money than this? It's nothing new, that is true, but I think it's a great addition to their line of pedals.

Edited by supertzar