Why become a member? ×

DR Strings - Best Places To Buy?

spongebob

I've recently been using DR strings for the first time - their Lo Rider Nickels, 45/105.

Must say, I'm a bit of a convert - very nice tension, not to bright, just nice.

Tried looking where to buy them - doesn't seem that easy! Bass Direct and Andertons.....that's it!

Anywhere else that sells them? Just gives me more options going forward.

Mods - Please move if appropriate - I used General as I thought it more retail-based, than an actual string query. 😁

I used to get Lo Rider Nickels (same gauge) from Amazon for around £20, imported from the USA (one set at a time to avoid duty). They seem to have tightened up on that, but you can still get them at £31 with free postage... 

Edited by peteb
  • Thanks 1

Strings and Beyond have them currently for $23.95. But you have to factor in postage from the US,

and possibly some duty too if you’re unlucky. Even so, if you’re buying a few sets it could still

be worthwhile. 

• Thanks 1

Amazon usually has them with Prime (next day) delivery. They are out of 45/105 but have 40/100 at £31 delivered, next day. Worth keeping an eye on Amazon I would say

Edit: oops, missed comment above on Amazon

https://www.amazon.co.uk/DR-Strings-40-100-Handmade-Lo-Rider/dp/B0002FO8CE/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?crid=3SPBHJQ2X34WJ&keywords=dr+nickel+lo+rider&qid=1657026274&sprefix=dr+lo+rider%2Caps%2C77&sr=8-2

Edited by Clarky
  • Thanks 1