Why become a member? ×

NBD!

Dankology

Really very happy so far with this 4003s in walnut after picking it up yesterday evening.

I'll have to make a decision regarding the pick up cover - I quite like the way it looks but it seems to be just where my hand wants to be for both picking and fingers.

There seems to be a significant discrepancy in volume between the two pick ups when at full whack but they are at wildly different heights. 

The fretboard is in dire need of a good clean. I don't think I've owned a guitar with a maple fretboard since a Squire Telecaster I had as a teenager - is there anything I need to be wary of?

Next gig is in six days - hoping to put it through its paces then 😀

20220702_135910.jpg

• Like 12

The difference in pickup volume is by design, assuming this is a modern one with the push/pull pot. That volume difference is less marked when the vintage circuit is engaged. However, I used to always play mine with both pickups on and the louder bridge pickup meant I didn’t have to favour that pickup more in the blend, it was already done. Looking back, I wish I’d gone for the walnut as they’re noticeably lighter than the all maple (why mine had to go ️). Congrats on a really nice bass; enjoy!

• Like 1