MarkBass SA450 amp and Gig Skinz bag - *SOLD*
£500
Harrow, NW London

Noisyjon

Hi All,

Now sold, thanks for looking.

SA450 amp highlights:

300W at 8 Ohm, 500W at 4 Ohm,

'Low Mid' and 'High Mid' sweepable frequency controls (located above the level controls),

VLE and VLF filters,

2 Speakon outputs.

From the Markbass website: What do the VLE and VPF filters do?
The VLE and VPF are useful EQ filters that help you adapt your sound for different styles of music.
The VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) is a shelf EQ that cuts a wider and wider range of high frequencies as you turn it up. Markbass amps are very clear-sounding, and this filter has the effect of drawing you into the mix more, making your sound less present. It's kind of like an "old school" knob!
The VPF (Variable Preshape Filter) boosts lows and highs, and cuts mids. Some call this kind of effect a scoop, a smiley-shape EQ, or an enhance knob. It's very effective for slap bass, pick playing, and driving eighth-note rock.
These two filters can be combined for interesting effects. But remember that they are off when they are all the way counterclockwise--we suggest you start in that position and turn the filters up gradually, one at a time, to hear and understand what they do.

Amp and Cab Front.jpeg

Edited by Noisyjon
Updated
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • Noisyjon changed the title to Will split - FS: MB SA450 amp w/ Gig Skinz bag and Barefaced One10 cab w/ Roqsolid Cover
  • 1 month later...
  • Noisyjon changed the title to FS: MarkBass SA450 amp and Gig Skinz bag £250
On 28/10/2022 at 14:52, andydye said:

Have had little mark III before but not sa450, apart from the sweep of the mids are there any other sonic differences?

I’m pretty sure these are much the same as the LM ii and iii but with sweepable mids and the pre/post di switch of the LMiii. I’m guessing given the age of these that it’s probably a Class AB power section. It’s larger than a LMii or iii but not at all heavy. I’ve had a couple of these and they’re bloody great amps. If I was in need of a new amp I’d snap this up particularly as I can get to Harrow quite easily! GLWTS

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Noisyjon changed the title to FS: MarkBass SA450 amp and Gig Skinz bag £250 shipped to mainland UK
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Noisyjon changed the title to MarkBass SA450 amp and Gig Skinz bag - SOLD