Why become a member? ×

Crass things pop and rock stars say/write in public, part 1 of many no doubt

2 hours ago, bartelby said:

Oh, Insane Clown Posse and their gibberish about magnets...

The odd thing with Insane Clown Posse is that Violent J in particular has proven to be quite a thoughtful and likeable person over the years, for example being willing to examine and express regret about their homophobic earlier lyrics. I don't get on with their music at all, but really, they seem like OK people.

Edited by Beer of the Bass

29 minutes ago, Bunion said:

Jerry Lee Lewis - “I can assure you that my wife is all woman, even though she looks kinda young.”

about the wife he said was 15.

Although she was actually 13 and his cousin.

550F2314-F504-4D92-9746-DD318DAA4552.jpeg

And they were married for 13 years during which the press unrelentingly flayed them, ruining his career and sending him in to deep depression.

1 hour ago, Bunion said:

Jerry Lee Lewis - “I can assure you that my wife is all woman, even though she looks kinda young.”

about the wife he said was 15.

Although she was actually 13 and his cousin.

550F2314-F504-4D92-9746-DD318DAA4552.jpeg

😬 It might have been legal wherever it was that they got married, but c'mon Jerry Lee... that's just not right.

Less than a year after the death of wife number four, Jerry Lee Lewis married wife number five, a former cocktail waitress half his age named Shawn Stephens. Stephens, 26, died less than 80 days into the marriage. According to The Village Voice, Stephens didn't wake up the morning of August 24, 1983. Worse still, she was covered in bruises, and both Stephens and her room were coated in blood. On top of that, there was dried blood underneath her nails ... and as noticed by a paramedic, there were claw marks on the back of Lewis' hand. The autopsy, however, blamed Stephens' death on a methadone overdose. That evening, Lewis talked to Stephens' sister on the phone and told her, "Your sister's dead, and she was a bad girl."

Source: https://www.grunge.com/187940/the-troubling-history-of-jerry-lee-lewis/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Crusoe said:

😬 It might have been legal wherever it was that they got married, but c'mon Jerry Lee... that's just not right.

For sure. Can't say I ever wanted to marry or even have a relationship with any of my cousins. One of the reasons is some were boys, secondly I'm not from Norfolk and thirdly the female ones' families weren't sufficiently rich.

• Haha 3

16 hours ago, Barking Spiders said:

For sure. Can't say I ever wanted to marry or even have a relationship with any of my cousins. One of the reasons is some were boys, secondly I'm not from Norfolk and thirdly the female ones' families weren't sufficiently rich.

and you preferred the bass to the banjo...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Crusoe said:

and you preferred the bass to the banjo...

Hmm now you mention it, when I was in the music store I explained to the staff I wanted to buy an instrument but wasn't sure exactly what it was called other than it was spelt b-a-...something something. Maybe I bought the wrong thing after all😲

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Barking Spiders said:

Hmm now you mention it, when I was in the music store I explained to the staff I wanted to buy an instrument but wasn't sure exactly what it was called other than it was spelt b-a-...something something. Maybe I bought the wrong thing after all😲

"it has four strings and people think you are weird for playing it..." 😆

On 02/07/2022 at 00:24, MacDaddy said:

"We're bigger than Rod"

- Ron Nasty 

It was true though, Rod wouldn't be big for another 8 years :)

28 minutes ago, Barking Spiders said:

why can't that talent free tool and his even more hopeless brother just fk off permanently 

Would be nice. How come of all the 'rock stars' they are the ones still around?

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Would be nice. How come of all the 'rock stars' they are the ones still around?

It is a good question, whilst I really liked Oasis aside from a couple of songs afterwards I thought they peaked on the second album and were never as good again. I liked NGs Holy Mountain a few years back but other than that not really keen an anything either have done. 

4 hours ago, MacDaddy said:

Noel Gallagher

Mocking wheelchair users at Glastonbury.

There's a very rude word that I try not to use too often, it rhymes with 'front' and this bloke is an A1 prime example. He and his ape brother are in more dire need of a good hard punch in the gob than almost anyone else I can think of (outside of politics, anyway).

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Rich said:

There's a very rude word that I try not to use too often, it rhymes with 'front' and this bloke is an A1 prime example. He and his ape brother are in more dire need of a good hard punch in the gob than almost anyone else I can think of (outside of politics, anyway).

It's one thing being genuinely talented but a total dickw@d but another thing when you're the latter but with all the talent of something you've scraped off the bottom of your shoe. Liam Gallagher's without doubt the worst singer from a successful band of the last 50 years. As for his brother's c@ck songs where do you start the list of cr@pitude? The meaningless drivel that pass for lyrics? the rudimentary guitar, bass and drums accompaniment? Noel's shyt3 guitar playing?. Soz people, Oasis are one band I genuinely do hate and I get carried away.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

They're in the past, now. Don't look back angrily.

ha ha, while that terrible band is in the past, they're still very much with us, older but as obnoxious as ever and now making  twice the amount of extremely shyte music

Edited by Barking Spiders