Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Ultra Blend/Pan bot working

Andyturner

I have a Fender Jazz Elite Bass and the blend pot only works between bridge alone and both on. At fully clockwise nothing. Fender do not supply the board mounted pot and they don't even supply a replacement board because the bass is discontinued. Hard to believe, I'm sure we have laws in Europe now regarding spares availability.   Does anyone have a board? Perhaps someone has replaced a preamp to get a different tone. Even a faulty board for parts.  I know there are 3rd party preamp but I would like to keep it standard. Or any tips would be welcomed.  

Screenshot_20220627-084354_Chrome.jpg

20220625_164219.jpg

I would not remove the pot in the first place. Measuring it can happen while it is still in the board.

Pots are electromechanical parts, that can be usually fixed. There's no pic from the solder side, but there seems to be very little tin in the board.

If there's a need to fix the pot, open it and check through all parts, and use some decent lube to the track.