Why become a member? ×

1991 Rickenbacker 4003 in midnight blue - roadworn - *SOLD*
£1500
Wakefield

mikegatward

Something a little different here.

its a 1991 4003 in midnight blue with black hardware. Think they did a limited run of these in red, and in white as well as the blue.

Over the years, the colour of this one has changed to a more petrol blue due a mixture of age, sweat, sunlight and I suspect tobacco. It has numerous chips on body, neck and headstock, the finish on the rear of the neck is partly worn away. It’s a genuinely roadworn Ric

it looks great, it plays great and the neck is lovely 

it had a full set up last year and new strings (markbass if I recall).

Asking price is £1500 and I’ve tried to balance out the limited edition aspect of the bass against the roadworn condition. Not an easy one to price.

im based in Wakefield, West Yorkshire and I’d rather do collection or meet up if possible.

PS - I’ve got the original case which is even more roadworn than the bass but I’ve got new latches for it which just need fitting by any decent cobbler with the rivet tool. Just need to locate those new latches following a recent housemove.

Edited by mikegatward
Sold
  • Like 9

7 hours ago, mikegatward said:

Asking price is £1500 and I’ve tried to balance out the limited edition aspect of the bass against the roadworn condition. Not an easy one to price.

If that was a fender the roadworn would add a grand to the price 😂🤣

• mikegatward changed the title to SOLD 1991 Rickenbacker 4003 in midnight blue - roadworn