Why become a member? ×

Drop strap

ern500evo

2 minutes ago, uk_lefty said:

My guitarist could do with something that does that....  It that looks a bit flimsy tbh.

I never even knew such a thing existed, or that there was even a market for it. The video clip I saw of it earlier, there’s a guy using two of them to make a swing, so it must be fairly sturdy. It does seem to be aimed more at guitarists 

Edited by ern500evo
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Nail Soup said:

Just trying to think of the applications.....

Bands who swap instruments between players maybe?

In the demo clip, I think they’re aiming it at guitarists who want the guitar hanging lower if they’re bashing out chords, but can raise it up for more technical stuff 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, ern500evo said:

In the demo clip, I think they’re aiming it at guitarists who want the guitar hanging lower if they’re bashing out chords, but can raise it up for more technical stuff 

Exactly what my guitarist needs it for. It's only one song that he needs to raise his strap for but it's a pain to do.

I have two straps, both of exactly the same length (49") between the button holes (or whatever they're called). All of my basses are either Fender Precision or Jazz basses so they all hang at exactly the same height. I never change the height at which I play my basses, so I fail to understand the need for this product.

• Like 1

Just now, ern500evo said:

The explanation of who the product seems to be aimed at, is up there ☝️ 😊

I read that, but why push the product on a bass forum if it's aimed at guitarists? Can't say I've ever met a guitarist who has felt the need to raise or lower his strap mid-song, or even at all after an initial adjustment.

3 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I read that, but why push the product on a bass forum if it's aimed at guitarists? Can't say I've ever met a guitarist who has felt the need to raise or lower his strap mid-song, or even at all after an initial adjustment.

I’m not pushing the product, I have zero affiliation to the product or it’s makers. It was just a product I saw, that I’d never seen before, something I found to be a bit quirky. So I thought I’d post it here to see if anyone else had ever seen anything of the same ilk. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ern500evo said:

I’m not pushing the product, I have zero affiliation to the product or it’s makers. It was just a product I saw, that I’d never seen before, something I found to be a bit quirky. So I thought I’d post it here to see if anyone else had ever seen anything of the same ilk. 

I failed to notice that you had started the thread, I assumed it was started by by the manufacturer/originator of the product, so please accept my apologies for inadvertently accusing you of pushing the product. 

Definitely something I haven't seen or heard of (or even imagined) before, but good luck to them if they can create a need for them.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, FinnDave said:

I failed to notice that you had started the thread, I assumed it was started by by the manufacturer/originator of the product, so please accept my apologies for inadvertently accusing you of pushing the product. 

Definitely something I haven't seen or heard of (or even imagined) before, but good luck to them if they can create a need for them.

No apology necessary, and same as yourself, not something I’d ever really thought I’d see. 

• Like 1

I would use this if I needed to play slap. I can’t slap with my bass at “standard” height (ie waist height) but can do it when it’s strapped higher (a lá Mark King).

Not that I’m much of a slapper to be fair… 😊