Why become a member? ×

Takamine TB10 arch-top bass/EUB - *SOLD*
£1500
London

Clarky

Wonderful, high-end arch-top electric bass cum EUB. Features the Cooltube preamp and piezo pickup, which together make it sound very DB-ish. Can be played horizontal, with strap, or fully upright on a supplied brass pin. Curved ebony board - a la DB - so can even be bowed. Previous owner @Happy Jack had his luthier inset big side dots on the side of the board to aid in intonation (a godsend, AFAIAC). Comes with amazing looking but heavy-as-heck faux snakeskin hard case and a much more gig-friendly Tm and Will padded cello case. Asking £1500 collected or meet up in or close to SW13 area (south of Hammersmith Bridge). No delivery I am afraid given the bulk of the bass plus two cases/bags.

Here's an example of me playing it upright on the pin (always draws lots of comments): https://www.facebook.com/wilybo/videos/velvet-windows-the-wily-bo-walker-acoustic-band/2424423044506352/

Specs: https://www.takamine.com/TB10

20220626_200657.jpg

20220626_200738.jpg

20220626_200715.jpg

20220626_200645.jpg

20220626_200632.jpg

20220626_200536.jpg

20220626_200425.jpg

20220626_200231.jpg

Edited by Clarky
  • Like 12

Ah now, that's a lovely thing, and brings back many happy memories.

I only sold it because I commissioned a custom uber-longscale 5-string Safran Iris bass, which rather left the TB-10 redundant.

Whoever gets this one is in for a treat.

• Thanks 1

• Clarky changed the title to Takamine TB10 arch-top bass/EUB (sale only, no trades sorry)

Hey Chris, afraid not, I already have a decent EUB (Azola) and its either the Takamine or the Azola going, to leave me with one EUB. I am cutting back to reflect the realities of my band/gigging situation. A few years ago I was in three different bands, playing different styles (acoustic and electric), now its just occasional gigs with Wily Bo.

Know the feeling mate, I was aiming to keep an EUB to take to gigs as backup if I'm having any issues (feedback/space/mechanics) with my DB, but I've been thinking about a TB-10 for a while also in that context - glorious instruments and a little more versatile than even the best EUB IMO.

I might have to have a good look at my bank account.........

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Clarky said:

If sale falls through for any reason, you will be the first to know Chris

Thanks Clarky, much appreciated, I spent most of yesterday looking down the back of sofas, I'm around £1498.25 short at the moment 🤔

• Haha 3

• Clarky changed the title to Takamine TB10 arch-top bass/EUB *SOLD*