Why become a member? ×

Markbass Little Mark III - as new - £275
£300

molan

EDIT: Spotted 2 tiny marks so reduced to £275 collected or add £15 for shipping (if it's less than £15 I'll refund the difference).

My back up studio/practice amp - never used since new until about 4-5 months ago when I sold my other head. 

Very, very light use since then. Low volume home practice whilst learning new songs only. Comes with original box and outer. 

Price includes UK shipping. Knock £15 off for collection or local meet up (I’m in Henley near Reading). 

Borrowed from Anderton’s:

The Little Mark III is Markbass' flagship bass amp offering that powerful yet clear tone that the company is known for in a compact format.

Powerful Tone

This amp can pump some serious volume thanks to its 500-watts of solid-state power, so you're sure to be heard when you're performing. The power amp is a Mark Proprietary Design (MPT) which means it has been designed by Markbass to preserve the natural tone of your bass when amplifying it. The Little Mark III offers plenty of power and punch with a warm, natural tone, all in a head that's easy to transport - a great option for the gigging bassist.

Tonal Control

While the Little Mark III provides a great natural sound, it also gives you plenty of control when it comes to dialling in your perfect tone. In addition to Gain and Master Volume controls, you can also sculpt the lows, low mids, high mids, and highs to get all the frequencies right where you want them. There's also the VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter) and VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator) controls for even more tonal options.

Functionality

When you turn the Little Mark III around you'll finds some functionality that'll come in handy, especially if you're a gigging musician. If you're a bassist that likes to dabble with effects pedals, you'll find the built-in effects loop useful for keeping delay and modulation effects sounding clearer when running your amp dirty. There's also a Line Out output for when you want to forego a cab and go direct into a PA, mixer, or audio interface and you can use the Pre/Post EQ switch to send your signal with or without the EQ shaping from the amp.

What Markbass say about the Little Mark III Bass Head:

The flagship Markbass amplifier, the Little Mark III is the industry standard for tone, portability and value. This amp adds some high-requested features to its famous predecessor Little Mark II, with the same compact size and weight!

The Little Mark III's solid-state preamp has a warm and natural sound, and faithfully reproduces the true tone of your instrument. The 500-watt Markbass power amp (Markbass Proprietary Technology) supplies impeccable bass frequency reproduction. The new DI output features a pre-post EQ switch and output level control, so you can optimize the signal you send to the mixer or recording unit.

Specifications

Inputs

Input: impedance 500 Kohm, max. voltage 15 Vpp

Balanced Input (XLR): impedance 100 Kohm, max. voltage 25 Vpp

Effect Return: impedance 33 Kohm, max. voltage 10 Vpp

Controls

Gain: -60 dB to +23 dB range

Master Volume

Line Out Level

Ground Lift (switch on rear panel)

Pre/Post EQ (switch on rear panel)

Equalization

Low: center frequency: 40 Hz; level: ±16 dB

Low Mid: center frequency: 360 Hz, level: ±16 dB

High Mid: center frequency: 800 Hz, level: ±16 dB

High: center frequency: 10 kHz, level: ±16 dB

VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter): center frequency 380 Hz 

VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator): frequency range 250 Hz-20 kHz 

Output

Line Out: balanced XLR, max. voltage 20 Vpp

Effect Send: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)

Tuner Out: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp

Speaker Out: speakon/1/4" combo, 1/4" 

Other

Weight: 5.07 lbs / 2.3 Kg

Width: 10.87 in. / 27.6 cm

Depth: 9.84 in. / 25 cm

Height: 3.27 in. / 8.3 cm

Output Power: 500W RMS @ 4 ohms / 300W RMS @ 8 ohms

Amp Technology: Solid State MPT (Mark Proprietary Technology)

Amp Impedance: Minimum 4 Ohms

Edited by molan
Price Adjustment

Some pics to show the condition. I've spotted one tiny, tiny scratch on the underside and another small one just above the on/off switch. No idea how they got there as it really is in virtually unused condition. I'll knock a tenner off because of these though. Any other marks that might be visible are just dust, reflections, cleaning cloth etc. Even the rubber feet look almost new :)

IMG_3826.png.f37b0410f60dcb4f8598e4d4559dcd8c.png

IMG_3828.png.588ccd5343af788ef480edb1ad66a37e.png

IMG_3827.thumb.png.2babd523ba322068594b0e3d0be5010a.png

IMG_3829.thumb.png.aa24d72eb7957637130ba8402232cf44.png

• molan changed the title to Markbass Little Mark III - as new - £275

Hi there. I’m looking to use this as a backup as you were. I’ve an early (15 years?) MB 2x10 combo with what I think is a de-badged Little Mark head. I use it with a 2x10 extension and it’s amazing. It’s always been reliable, but recently I’ve read loads of horror stories of MB failing. If (heaven forbid) it did fail, I’m hoping to be able to sit the LM III on top and just match the connections using the combo’s internal speaker and the extension in the same way. Does this sound feasible??? 

In broad terms the, newer, Indonesian heads should be more reliable than the Italian ones. Partly simply because they are newer, but also the general manufacturing following the move to Indonesia improved reliability. 

Using the head in the way you’ve said should be fine. The only problem I can see is that I think the lead from the internal speaker is very short so I’m not sure if it will reach easily. 

You could use an extension cable or rewire it so the internal lead is longer. Alternatively, you could just use it to the extension 2x10 to see you through the gig. 

I think, but I can’t be 100% sure, that it may even be possible to slot the newer head into the combo if the old one failed completely. I’ll ask for you :)