Why become a member? ×

Pedulla Pentabuzz for sale : £2900 - *SOLD*
£2900
Dursley

nationofzeros

FOR SALE : Pedulla Pentabuzz, serial #7619, 2000 build

This Pentabuzz has been seen before here – I traded it from bassatnight last year (he was an absolutely excellent seller !), and it was on sale at Bass Direct at one point.

It is a fabulous experience to play and to listen to, and I will never own a better instrument. However, I want to refocus my collection to 70s / 80s basses only, so something has to give…

The best way I can describe the Pentabuzz is that is like an ‘uber-fretless’ ; it somehow encapsulates everything that fretlesses are all about, and takes it to the next level

The sound is unique and highly distinctive, ‘maximum fretless’ - even before plugging it in. I think this is down to the through neck, combined with the epoxy – coated fretboard, which is as smooth as glass and is an intoxicating recipe for seamless glides, wobbles, mwaahs and growls.

It is the feeling of total expressive freedom, and because the action can be set so low (in fact, it has to be, to get the trademark Pentabuzz growl), it is just so very fast to play.

The Bartolinis and active tone controls allow pretty much any sound to be dialled in. The low B is not there for special effects, it is articulate and clear, and just becomes part of the overall sonic pallette. (I had never played a 5 string before,  but it soon becomes second nature).

The spec is as follows : everything works. It has a couple of miniscule lacquer pocks, a bit of checking on the back,  and that is it – see the photos

·         4A flame maple body in turquoise trans. Finish, maple through neck, epoxy / polyester fingerboard

·         34” scale, double acting truss bar

·         19mm string spacing at bridge (but adjustable)

·         Controls : volume, pan, bass boost / cut, treble boost / cut, mid boost / cut (toggle)

·         Gloss poly finish, gold plated hardware

It comes with a nice robust case, although I have never taken it out of the house, apart from to photograph it…

I’m not completely sure I want to sell it, because there won’t be any more of these made, but isn’t that always the way !

I would be interested in a trade for something like a pre EB Sabre fretless, if there are any around !

Any questions – please ask – thanks Chris

IMG_4317.JPG

IMG_4321.JPG

IMG_4322.JPG

IMG_4325.JPG

IMG_4327.JPG

IMG_4328.JPG

IMG_4330.JPG

IMG_4331.JPG

IMG_4332.JPG

IMG_4333.JPG

IMG_4334.JPG

IMG_4336.JPG

IMG_4337.JPG

IMG_4338.JPG

IMG_4339.JPG

IMG_4341.JPG

Edited by nationofzeros
Bass has sold - thanks
  • Like 17

2 hours ago, bassatnight said:

My old baby! Broke my heart parting with her, the best fretless out there for me. Chris is a top bloke and a dream to deal with, buy with confidence and the Pedulla practically plays itself, well nearly. 

Thats kind of you, my friend - I can say the same about you. This sale is a real toughie, to be sure...

• nationofzeros changed the title to SOLD : Pedulla Pentabuzz for sale : £2900