Why become a member? ×

Tech needed near Epping, Essex

glassmoon

Hi all

I've just taken receipt of my Delano pickups, going into my Cort GB-75JH, and the chap who has always done the soldering for me is not available.

I'm looking for a good tech near Epping (IOW, not Yorkshire hahahaha) to install them for me.

It's a J and a MM set, and I've opted for the "simple" 4 wire for the MM, so no switching or splitting or tapping required. Connecting to the stock Cort 2 band EQ with P/P active/passive.

My thanks in advance.

Julian aka Glassmoon

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2022 at 10:13, glassmoon said:

Unfortunately GigGear don't deal with Delano. I asked them when I did my previous bass. A pity, to be sure. 

Do you mean they don't sell Delano - in which case does that matter since you are supplying the pickups yourself. Assuming they offer tech services independent of product purchase ?

Or do they simply decline to work with Delano parts for any reason ?

On 14/07/2022 at 08:33, gary mac said:

Thanks Julian and thank you for entrusting with your bass. Hope you now get to enjoy playing it.

So far, I'm loving it. The MM pickup is oddly a little microphonic, which I never had with the exposed poles on my previous one, but in all honesty, it's not an issue at all... And certainly not anything you've done. Again, thank you Gary

• Like 1

17 hours ago, rmorris said:

Do you mean they don't sell Delano - in which case does that matter since you are supplying the pickups yourself. Assuming they offer tech services independent of product purchase ?

Or do they simply decline to work with Delano parts for any reason ?

Well, the story is, and I'm not saying anything iffy about them at all, when I wanted assistance with installing a Delano MM into my previous bass, a SubRay5, I was informed that the tech didn't deal with Delano and would not be able to assist me. I have to assume that means they won't touch Delano...??? Anyway, nothing against them, but I'm happy to have had Gary Mac recommended to me :)