Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2022

MoonBassAlpha

On 01/07/2022 at 10:23, FinnDave said:

Still right, no matter how it makes anyone sound. Getting old is a privilege denied to many, we should be proud to have survived, not ashamed. I was at some great gigs and festivals in the 70s, and I am playing at a festival tomorrow. 

True free festivals are a thing of the past, killed off in the mid 80s after the battle of the bean field. I mourn their passing.

I was at the last Stonehenge free festival in 1984 (rather aptly).

I remember seeing burnt out cars.
I remember seeing The Poison Girls

I remember seeing this tent

I remember nothing after that.. 😁

henge-84-acid-bender.jpg

Edited by Marky L
  • Like 1
  • Haha 7

I watched Snarky Puppy next. I've only heard of them via Basschat, and based on what I'd read here I expected to dislike them.

But you know what they weren't so bad. Not going to be joining the fanclub, but it was an OK listen. Good to see violin in the lineup.

And kudos to them for doing a set of only new material, even though they have a load of albums in the back catalogue.

• Like 1

On 01/07/2022 at 10:35, Misdee said:

The thing is, for the most part Glastonbury is a celebration of old people's music. Most of the bands on the bill(but not all, I hasten to add) are playing music that is not remotely new and is referential to music from previous generations. Despite all their efforts to be "relevant" and "representative", Glastonbury is primarily a celebration of Dad Rock and it's traditional and reassuring values.

Rock music belongs to old people. They invented it.

I've watched a few catch up sets and they seem to be a good old mix  ,far from Dad rock .Yeah all music will drop a reference at some point but its far from mainstream.Thats why your average punter at work says it was rubbish (because coldplay and ed sheeran and adele etc weren't on )

I Think as much didn't rock as did , my viewing was more wobble,bounce and skip than rock .Black midi and Idles and foals etc seem to be owning their own rock music