Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2022

MoonBassAlpha

5 minutes ago, theplumber said:

She seems to be having issues with her IEMs...you can see her adjusting the level on the belt pack..

She was doing the same at the jubilee concert. Great band, who is that front and centre on bass? He’s getting plenty of screen time. 

• Like 1

On 25/06/2022 at 13:47, SteveXFR said:

Drugs. Lots of drugs.

I didn't say no one would enjoy it, I just said I thought it was very bland. Personal opinion and all that junk.

I think if you pay a lot of cash and travel a long way you are determined to enjoy every minute. Take the huge crowd for Diana Ross, loving every minute despite the fact she was flat most of the time, bless her. Its the festival atmosphere.

Shh now. We are living on the edge of the end of a golden era. We will never be able to see these historical powerhouses perform again… and in ten to twenty years time, none of these folks that paved modern music as we know it will exist - nor will there be an equivalent.

instead it will be all Cowel douchery. I don’t know about you, I’d rather be listening to off key legends than products from the reality pop machine.

Edited by EBS_freak
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

Shh now. We are living on the edge of the end of a golden era. We will never be able to see these historical powerhouses perform again… and in ten to twenty years time, none of these folks that paved modern music as we know it will exist.

instead it will be all Cowel douchery. I don’t know about you, I’d rather be listening to off key legends than products from the reality pop machine.

It's dreadful!

I'll say this for Diana Ross...her band looks SHARP.

She's 78, and still performing, so I'll give respect for that, but this just confirms my belief that there have been a lot of much better singers out there that should've had her success.

1 minute ago, Oddly said:

I'll say this for Diana Ross...her band looks SHARP.

She's 78, and still performing, so I'll give respect for that, but this just confirms my belief that there have been a lot of much better singers out there that should've had her success.

To be fair, she’s not really at her peak is she? Some of these songs are a right solid sing.

• Like 1

Seeing some folk on other sites saying that there could have been some sort of issue with her IEM feed or backing .Seen a couple of other clips from other venues on You Tube and although it's not perfect it isn't as bad as the Glastonbury vocals....strange!

20 minutes ago, EBS_freak said:

But the band are cooking!

Absolutely this - great band & vocalists. Brass section was superb, drummer, guitarist and

bassist (MD?) perfect for the job. Such a shame Miss Ross wasn’t anywhere near the same

standard really. And what was with the final tune ‘ I will survive’ ? With all her own back catalogue

to choose from it seemed a rather strange choice. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, casapete said:

And what was with the final tune ‘ I will survive’ ? With all her own back catalogue

to choose from it seemed a rather strange choice. 

Maybe it was a statement rather than an entertainment choice 😂🤣

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Did McCartney play the Frog Chorus? I need to know before I risk watching it. How did one of Britain's greatest musicians come up with that abomination? I know he took a lot of drugs but that's still no excuse. 

If you're writing a song for a children's film, Helter Skelter probably isn't appropriate

• Haha 1

Reply to MoonBassAlpha

Just came on the post the same - his chops in that last song were unbelievable! (Around 20:40 in iPlayer)

EDIT: seems to be this guy...

94105160_Screenshot2022-06-26at21_06_18.thumb.png.4f083844c1f5c6c401ce347b7c9c5c50.png

Tarron Crayton

@TarronCrayton

Edited by merello
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EBS_freak said:

To be fair, she’s not really at her peak is she? Some of these songs are a right solid sing.

Also, I (a) can’t imagine her ears are anything like they used to be (mine certainly aren’t and I’m 20 years younger; it only gets worse. My mum, in her ‘80s, is deaf as a post) and (b) it doesn’t matter how good you are if you can’t hear yourself properly. 

But regardless, it really was dreadful.