Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2022

MoonBassAlpha

Just now, PatrickJ said:

The Snarky mix is actually sounding pretty good;

Arguably!

But it's like no midrange is allocated to the bass, so it's got no character. You'd think as he's got a Markbass rig he wants a slightly more upfront sound!

And I'm listening through a Bow Technologies Preamp into Bryston 14 power amp and Leena Xavier speakers... 

7 hours ago, tegs07 said:

Just to confirm you are taking about Billie Eillish? I must have been watching someone else. Saw the first half of her set and although not my bag thought she was remarkable. Is that her brother with her alongside the drummer? If so hugely talented holding it all together and playing some pretty neat licks at the same time.

I think it was St Vincent that had the backings singers and she was the one who forgot to plug in her gold custom signature music man guitar. Thought it was quite funny as she panicking, had a pop at a techy and the realised it was her fault! D’oh!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, pbasspecial said:

I think it was St Vincent that had the backings singers and she was the one who forgot to plug in her gold custom signature music man guitar. Thought it was quite funny as she panicking, had a pop at a techy and the realised it was her fault! D’oh!

Yep that’s what I was thinking of when I asked. I liked most of St Vincent set as well.

Edited by tegs07

2 hours ago, Frank Blank said:

I didn't know she was on the line up, just happened across the set on iPlayer, best thing so far by a mile.

Yeah i was tempted to say the same thing. Amazing performance on the whole, think being on that particular stage takes a lot of pressure off. She seemed to be having fun with a lot of the gig. Me and the person I was watching with were talking about how long she’s been going (and moloko also)…..shes just incredible.

set list attached…..mission accomplished…

CFDF2E55-94FB-4F48-9FE1-FCF618CA9244.png

Edited by Jah Wibble
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Mykesbass said:

Oh dear, was looking forward to Diana Ross all week, and this is awful 😕

I wasn't bothered but turned over to see how bad it is...

Awful, it's really awful. She is completely tone deaf by the sounds of it.

One should never judge a festival mix straight away however, it's a different game to normal live production.

27 minutes ago, tegs07 said:

Yep that’s what I was thinking of when I asked. I liked most of St Vincent set as well.

Ah ok my fault then. Shows how much out of current music I am, I’ve never even heard of St Vincent. But the island is very nice. 

Just catchin up now after 3 gigs myself over weekend 

First aid kit brilliant 

Skunk Anansie also , great band , top draw performance 

Some good random bands but a lot of quirky tunes that don't always land in big spaces like this 

Edited by jazzmanb