Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2022

MoonBassAlpha

1 minute ago, tonybassplayer said:

Certainly agree with that BUT at the moment I’m a little underwhelmed with the set list. 

Which is kinda amazing when you think that 99.9999999% of songwriters would kill to be responsible for a setlist like that.

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Marvin said:

There will be those who knock him, but I hope I'm able to do a +2hr set to that standard when I'm 80...having done a gig the night before.

Too effin right. Not the biggest fan but he rocked, great show

• Like 4

Well Mr McCartney there were a few early strange song choices and the sound wasn’t always brilliant but what a great headlining performance and the cameos from Dave Grohl and Bruce Springsteen were pure genius as was Live And Let Die. 80 years old !! Bloody amazing performance and worth waiting three years for 👏👏👏

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Clarky said:

Too effin right. Not the biggest fan but he rocked, great show

Same here - thought it was excellent. His band are just so good, and Springsteen & Dave Grohl

looked to be enjoying it too. Held my complete attention for over 2.5 hours ( despite the 

dodgy vocal mix etc). Brilliant.

• Like 4

Macca, working at 80, something many will experience inThe near future…..😇

Personally thought the band and performance was excellent. No miming, odd wee wobble, but just magical.

Noel Gallagher said something profound earlier along the likes of, “I’m just blown away seeing kids sing and rock out to songs I wrote years before they were born. Try being McCartney…..

• Like 5

Watched a couple of sets last night and still need to check out some of the headliners.

TLC had a slick band but there was something weird going on with the vocals that was distracting me, maybe a vocal effect or something on the backing track? 

Skunk Anansie are always worth a look, there’s a few songs of theirs I will always love as they drag out memories of being a teenager. Pretty good, wasn’t blown away.

Watched a few other bits I can’t recall but highlight for me so far was Sigrid. Her band were superb, her bass player was great, some nice lines and flicking back and forth between synth and great vocalist on top.

Guitarist held it down nicely and let rip on a couple of occasions in a classy way. I just love Sigrid, she writes some great catchy song, great singer, and huge energy.

I will check some more out today and this evening. Really want to check out Olivia Rodrigo and Jessie Ware.

7 hours ago, Marvin said:

There will be those who knock him, but I hope I'm able to do a +2hr set to that standard when I'm 80...having done a gig the night before

Amazing what a life of incredible wealth and no stress can do for someone. 

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Amazing what a life of incredible wealth and no stress can do for someone. 

He might have incredible but I’m sure he has had a hell of a lot of stress in his life: the death of the love of his life Linda, divorce from the one legged, gold digger Heather Mills and I would have said Yoko Ono but after watching Get Back I’m not so sure now. 

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, pbasspecial said:

He might have incredible but I’m sure he has had a hell of a lot of stress in his life: the death of the love of his life Linda, divorce from the one legged, gold digger Heather Mills and I would have said Yoko Ono but after watching Get Back I’m not so sure now. 

Still seems a lot less stress than most of us have to deal with.

• Like 1

I'm surprised that no-one so far seems to have mentioned Gabriels, I really enjoyed their set and thought they were outstanding. Apologies if I've misssed a prior mention.

3/10 to the BBC so far. Terrible sound mixes for Macca and Alison Krause, no coverage of the Acoustic tent whatsoever. Delaying the Macca set by a whole hour to fit in an extra episode of Casualty - what's all that about?

Edited by pete.young

I missed McCartney last night, was watching Mitski (I still think she was great, each to their own 😃). Annoyingly, I can't find Macca on iPlayer this morning. Does anyone else have the same problem? Maybe it's just my TV (LG)? 

8 hours ago, merello said:

Macca, working at 80, something many will experience inThe near future…..😇

Personally thought the band and performance was excellent. No miming, odd wee wobble, but just magical.

Noel Gallagher said something profound earlier along the likes of, “I’m just blown away seeing kids sing and rock out to songs I wrote years before they were born. Try being McCartney…..

I think he and his brother did try to for much of that band's output.

• Haha 1