Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury 2022

MoonBassAlpha

18 minutes ago, MoonBassAlpha said:

Just tuned in.

Sam Fender. Crowd love a good singalong. Quite dull musically.

Anyone spotted anything good yet?

First Aid Kit were good - and she had a nice collection of Mustang basses  😉

• Like 2

Not watched any yet, but it’s probably the best line-up I’ve seen for a few years, nothing bland, strong headliners, music for allllll types of people. Which is very much welcomed.

Si

Edited by Sibob

8 minutes ago, Sibob said:

Not watched any yet, but it’s probably the best line-up I’ve seen for a few years, nothing bland, strong headliners, music for allllll types of people. Which is very much welcomed.

Si

I think I'd strongly disagree. Certainly about music for all types of people. Most people I've spoken to say that it's really disappointing. A definite lack of noisy music with Pigs x7 providing the only heavier music and Idles as the only other noisy. band.

Of course that is just my opinion. 

15 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

I think I'd strongly disagree. Certainly about music for all types of people. Most people I've spoken to say that it's really disappointing. A definite lack of noisy music with Pigs x7 providing the only heavier music and Idles as the only other noisy. band.

Of course that is just my opinion. 

Pigsx7, Nova Twins, Wargasm, Dub War, Skunk Anansie, Idles, Amyl And The Sniffers, Turnstile, Bob Vylan…..

Just look harder is all 🙂

Si

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, steantval said:

Quite enjoyed Crowded House, the only bit that spoilt it for me was having that young kid on the stage, why ?

Some tasty bass work by Nick Seymour.

My thoughts exactly. Didn’t realise how much Nick played up the dusty end. Great band though, 

and (young kid aside) thought they came over really well. 

Caught a bit of St Vincent and will watch more on iPlayer over the weekend. Agree with above comments

about the bassist too, sounded excellent.

Watched Billie Eilish, not my thing particularly but the crowd loved her. 

Of what I saw, Blossoms were a stand out - bass player used a Rickenbacker most of the time. Fender Jazz when they did the Spice Girls song with Mel C and Charlemagne at the end (and it wasn’t as audible as the Rick which had sounded really good). 

Sigrid was really good as well. 

Edited by drTStingray

I watched a bit last night. I live pretty close but I have to say big festivals aren't the way I like to enjoy music. I don't want to watch stick people in the distance or wander around looking for stuff.

Would love to play it obviously. I missed some of the highlights above so will try and seek em out.

My verdict so far as a TV viewer is that it was more interesting watching Eurovision with the wife. The effects and presentation on that were brilliant in comparison.