1. 1. choose your 2 favourites

• Dad3353
    • Leornard Smalls
    • Nail Soup
    • Lurksalot
    • upside downer
    • skankdelvar

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/06/22 at 23:01

Here we go for the June vote , all compositions were based on the following picture chosen by last months winner .. Skankdelvar

He noted   ...   

"This month's pic is Forge Valley, Scarborough by John Atkinson Grimshaw (1836 - 1893). No great significance, it's just a picture I like."

image.png.e45a670df58732008676827d6f521b23.png

6 entries in total , so I think we shall go to 2 votes this time , If we still get a tie I will use a 'lurksalittle lifestyle' tie break question

The entries are as follows 

1     @Dad3353     The yellowing sky gave me the impression ofa storm brewing. A bucolic scene, but could be deceptive. Some heavy raindrops, a brief shower..? Maybe it'll turn out fine after all...

2    @Leonard Smalls        Being laid up with a broken leg has some advantages (arguably!) - I had time to produce a fine example (arguably again!) of "Doh" music (*). I suggest either headphone, or a big hifi to listen as it's dribbling with big 'ol stereo stuff.

3   @Nail Soup    The picture made me think of tranquility and solitude. So I decided to go for a kind of 'solo' thing - a single performance into a single mic,  with minimal number of takes. So just a guitar tuned to open D and vocal.

4   Lurksalot       Well I thought this shouted 'Folk' so I tried it, and it actually turned out a little bit folky 

5   @upside downer      The image is of a bucolic scene so I decided to take a relaxing ramble through the musical countryside with not a care in the world.

@skankdelvar     Something a bit more basic than last month's kitchen sink production number. An admiring nod to Richard Gaughan and Peter Maxwell Davies.

So there we have it, a slightly reduced quantity maybe , but certainly not reduced quality :D

2 votes then please 

Voting to close at midnight on 30th June

good luck :D

Edited by lurksalot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

8 hours ago, Leonard Smalls said:

It's a fix, I tell ya!

Still, pub tonight...

Enjoy, whilst I'm slaving away until gone the witching hour over a hot Photoshop preparing all the winner's guff. Mine's a strawberry milkshake, if you're buying... -_-

1 hour ago, Dad3353 said:

Enjoy, whilst I'm slaving away until gone the witching hour over a hot Photoshop preparing all the winner's guff. Mine's a strawberry milkshake, if you're buying... -_-

.... and I’m preparing a ‘lurksalittle lifestyle’ tiebreaker for the photo choice 😁

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Nail Soup said:

Great selection this month, good to hear some folky stuff in there!

And although less entries, thanks to those who still turned out to vote 👍.

👌🤘

More importantly, who's going to get the next photo sorted? You won before Mr. Soup? If not I vote you choose!

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Leonard Smalls said:

Obvs! I'm all about The Folk, The Whole Folk And Nothing But The Folk...

Don't Fake the Folk!

Indeed, and we can easily recognise the Danny Thompson and Ashley Hutchings influence in your playing. -_-

:lol: :P