Sadowsky Hum Cancelling Pick-ups with 1970s positioning

Sadowsky pre-amp:-

Volume

Pan

Bass Boost

Treble Boost

Vintage Tone Control

Active/Passive Switch

Strung with new set of Sadowsky Black Label stainless strings.

Weight: 4.3Kg/9.5lb.

Comes with Sadowsky semi-hard case

Consider trades :

LINED FRETLESS Fender/Squier Precision bodied 4-string, P or PJ, with 41mm or less nut

Musicman USA 4-string Sterling (Not Sterling by Musicman)

Lakland Daryl Jones 4-string

UV70_02.thumb.jpg.98b0855bf749aee15e4e8d730ec153c9.jpg

UV70_03.thumb.jpg.edaded0ce33226c8944c5939782b1d6d.jpgUV70_04.thumb.jpg.a584928f52d81683d98ec09baa706a41.jpgUV70_06.thumb.jpg.7254115f17a08c1ffc099cd0e0820a1c.jpg

Edited by obbm
  • Like 10

1 hour ago, Quatschmacher said:

By the way, isn’t the fingerboard morado (pau ferro) rather than rosewood on the UV70s?

You could well be right about that.  I don't know what thy were using back in 2009 and I'm not an expert.

On 24/06/2022 at 17:35, Quatschmacher said:

By the way, there’s a nice Sterling in the bass gallery right now, might even be your old one. 

I do believe you are correct. This time I want a maple fretboard just like the 1996 one I once owned.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, molan said:

This looks remarkably like the one we had at BassGear. 

If so then I know a little history on it :)

Interesting.  Do tell Barry.  I bought this one in 2019 from guitarguitar.

If it’s the same one (and it looks like plus the weight is identical) then it was one we imported directly from Japan. 

It was on the wall at LBGS in the year when we had Roger Sadowsky as a guest. 

Roger explained to me why it was a little heavier than many of his Metro models. Because it was designed to look and feel like a classic late 70’s Marcus Miller type thing, he specified solid body ash to keep that big punch tone these were renowned for. 

They were a relatively short run and classified as Ultra Vintage 70’s if memory serves me well. 

At the show Roger was approached by Alex Al who had some shopping issues and had arrived without a bass. At the time he had played with people like Michael Jackson, Christina Aguilera, Stevie Wonder, Paul Simon etc. 

He had the pick of all the instruments on our stand and Roger chose this one specifically for him as he felt it the closest representation of a classic/vintage Sadowsky tone and would match Alex’s style of playing. 

We had maybe 5-6 Metros on the stand and 3-4 NYCs so it was quite an endorsement to have Roger himself selecting it for the live performance from a top session guy. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, molan said:

If it’s the same one (and it looks like plus the weight is identical) then it was one we imported directly from Japan. 

It was on the wall at LBGS in the year when we had Roger Sadowsky as a guest. 

Thanks Barry.  Very interesting.  Bit of a big ask but do remember or have a record of the serial number?

• 2 weeks later...
  • obbm changed the title to **TRADED** - 2009 MIJ Sadowsky Metro UV70 4-string Jazz Bass Guitar