Why become a member? ×

Red Hot Chili Peppers London Stadium gigs

Merton

Hi all,

Long story short, going to see RHCP tomorrow with miniMert plus his mum (my ex) plus her elder daughter. My ex bought the tickets and I had naively assumed she had sorted car parking…. She hasn’t. Really should have learnt but we’ve been separated 10 years and I forgot that she doesn’t think ahead. (And nor it seems so I!)

Train strikes mean public transport is out of the question, and I can’t find any fecking spaces in any of the nearby car parks.

Anyone relatively local with any tips or hints as to somewhere I can pop my car without it being clamped/towed/put on bricks?

Ive tried the various apps for people who rent out their spaces to no avail 😩

Look up some private parking companies. I did it when I went to a gig at the o2 and got a space in a secure office building car park, all weekend for £25. They basically use the car parks of offices etc that don’t normally get used on weekends. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Paul S said:

Nope, they lull you in and then when you get to pay it says “sorry this space isn’t available for the times you selected” :(

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Old Man Riva said:

We live in Loughton which is circa 20mins on the central line to Stratford station.

The road we’re on (approx 5-10 mins walk to the station) is permit only but if you message me your reg I can sort a virtual permit for the day, if that helps?

Ain’t the transport on strike ?

I think its a limited service due to another strike that's been ongoing for months. Ive used the Central Line while these strikes have been on and there hasn't really been any problems. The biggest issue will be getting out of the stadium and onto the tube.... its a nightmare..

1 hour ago, Old Man Riva said:

We live in Loughton which is circa 20mins on the central line to Stratford station.

The road we’re on (approx 5-10 mins walk to the station) is permit only but if you message me your reg I can sort a virtual permit for the day, if that helps?

Well you’re a legend, thank you. Will Pm a bit later when I’ve got home 👍🏻

Massive thanks to @Old Man Riva for going well above and beyond, not only did Mick sort me a parking permit, he gave me alternative options in case the road was full and made sure the tube was running for us. Top man, thanks 🙏🏻 
MiniMert loved the gig (and to be fair so did I) 😀

• Like 4

The generosity on this forum is something else. I’ve stayed overnight in Canary Wharf where there was plenty of parking although not cheap. 

I enjoyed the show but the sound was pants where I was sitting and me and the wife both thought the setlist was a bit odd. Still, it was something I’d always wanted to experience since missing out on the stadium Arcadiam tour.

1 hour ago, OliverBlackman said:

The generosity on this forum is something else. I’ve stayed overnight in Canary Wharf where there was plenty of parking although not cheap. 

I enjoyed the show but the sound was pants where I was sitting and me and the wife both thought the setlist was a bit odd. Still, it was something I’d always wanted to experience since missing out on the stadium Arcadiam tour.

Yeah I think the sound sucked for at least the first four songs or so, then suddenly Flea’s bass appeared with clarity and balls and it was a different kettle of fish.

Have to say, for me personally, I gave up after Californication so a chunk of the set was lost on me. But I enjoyed the couple they played from BSSM at least :)

Anthony Kiedis’ voice seemed on fine form, which was refreshing given all the stories over the years.

4 hours ago, Merton said:

Massive thanks to @Old Man Riva for going well above and beyond, not only did Mick sort me a parking permit, he gave me alternative options in case the road was full and made sure the tube was running for us. Top man, thanks 🙏🏻 
MiniMert loved the gig (and to be fair so did I) 😀

Not a problem, glad to be of help, sir!

• Like 1

Highlight of the set for me was 'Nobody Wierd Like Me'. They've still got it when they want it! 

After seeing the last half of Thundercat's set I was worried about the sound. From where I was sat the drummers kit sounded like it had several differing bass drums instead of toms. 

Yes PA subs are amazing these days, but just because you can doesn't mean you should. Thunderous mush, and dull anyway, like being on hold to a call centre. 

Then Anderson Paak came on. Blew me away. Sooo much energy from all performers and good sound too. Solid, crisp drum kit with every part distinguishable. Never heard of him/them but thoroughly enjoyed it. Top class entertainers. 

Chilis, I thought, had found their way again. Anthony's voice was on form, probably more so than I've ever heard it live. John's BVs were good too, none of that shrieking that used to happen far too often. 

The whole band just appeared to be having fun again. 

The sound for the Chilis was great from where I was sat. It's a huge stadium so won't be like a small indoor venue but it was on the whole very good. 

Yes at a big gig you need screens for everyone to see what's happening on stage, but they put on a fantastic show with special effects on the screens. The centre screen which flowed over the stage was brilliant. Whether their doing or the stadiums, I don't know, but it really added to the show. 

I thoroughly enjoyed it.