Why become a member? ×

Old school set of Evah Slap E/A and Aquila synthetic Golden Springs D/G - *SOLD*
£130
London

Aquila have created something of a stir on TalkBass with their recently launched replicas of the famed Golden Spiral strings of yesteryear (tynex-wrapped guts, as played by Haden, Chambers, LaFaro some say etc). They come in two flavours, vintage (gut core) and synthetic. I am selling the synthetic D and G lightly used, along with well matched E/A from an Evah Slap set. Reason for selling: they were on my German flatback which I sold last month, equipped with a more 'regular' and sale-friendly set of Spirocores. As an FYI, the D is quite fat, like a true gut D.

All in, this hybrid set cost me (un)comfortably over £200 to assemble but I will sell for a bargainous £130 posted. For convenience, I would prefer to sell as a set rather than split.

If you have nothing better to do with your time, here's 22 pages of TalkBass following the development and launch of the Golden Springs https://www.talkbass.com/threads/about-a-possible-replica-of-the-kaplan-golden-spiral-gut-strings.1531645/page-22

20220623_192248.jpg

20220623_192207.jpg

Edited by Clarky

• Clarky changed the title to Old school set of Evah Slap E/A and Aquila synthetic Golden Springs D/G SOLD