Why become a member? ×

New Megadeth single

Graham

Bad artwork is generally a Megadeth trademark. I will check in to listen to it later. 

I think that I bought the last album but might have only listened to it twice. I quite liked The System Has Failed (think Chris Poland played on that), but that was a while ago!

Without the video the song is pretty good. But that video is a shocker!

Just looking at the album's track list. There's a track called 'Police Truck'. Please don't let this be a cover of the Dead Kennedys track...

EDIT: Oh no, it is a cover!!

Edited by bartelby
  • Like 2

The real worry, of course, is that one of the song titles contains "(feat. Ice T)" which should send a chill down the spine of us all. Ice is fine under his own steam but seldom do songs with his featurings ever result in anything other than  a swift press of the skip button.

33 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

The real worry, of course, is that one of the song titles contains "(feat. Ice T)" which should send a chill down the spine of us all. Ice is fine under his own steam but seldom do songs with his featurings ever result in anything other than  a swift press of the skip button.

I checked out this vid out of curiosity but errm ...yeah. I'm a fan of Ice T's late 80s/early 90s hip hop but never cared for his ventures into rock/metal, either with Bodycount or as a guest. Metal and rap/hip hop are two genres that should've never been merged.

• 3 weeks later...
On 24/06/2022 at 11:37, Graham said:

Let's talk about this album art, as it's a real stinker.

It's almost as bad as the art from Dance Of Death. Not quite, but almost

Woah woah, let’s not say things we can’t take back 😂 I agree the artwork is pretty terrible - as others have said it’s almost a trademark of Mustaine and co. 

Loving the new track, I hope the album is just as good. Megadeth have had ups and downs the entirely of their career in terms of their musical offerings (unlike most who seem to go on a gradual downward trajectory), so can’t wait to hear this one. 

• Haha 1

On 24/06/2022 at 08:22, bartelby said:

Without the video the song is pretty good. But that video is a shocker!

Just looking at the album's track list. There's a track called 'Police Truck'. Please don't let this be a cover of the Dead Kennedys track...

EDIT: Oh no, it is a cover!!

Dave asked Jello to sing on his MD.45 album and they used a DK/Ice T track as their intro music on the Rust in peace tour. 

So there's another new track out, Nightcrawlers 

https://open.spotify.com/album/7E23y6lreAy6VWsxTnFx4s?si=IpLKtW75Q0a8upAB0DOw4A&utm_source=copy-link

This one seems like a waste of Ice T, and similarly how Carcass can sound like Jeff Walker reading from a medical text book, this sounds like Mega-Dave just reading from Janes Armaments; the military fetishism is a bit hard going