Why become a member? ×

Practice amp

steviedee

There's a clean looking 50w Hartke combo in the Marketplace at the moment (not mine or belonging to anyone I know). It's in Norfolk, so may not be easy to pick up, but if you're out that way, it would do the job and probably suffice for the time when she joins her first band. 

Just now, steviedee said:

I’m in Glasgow I’ll have a look. Since going ampless, I have a Barefaced cab unused could maybe get a head?

A little GK class D head would be great with that. They do seem to work well with BF cabs. Pretty tasty starter rig. Your daughter has excellent taste in instruments.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, steviedee said:

I’m in Glasgow I’ll have a look. Since going ampless, I have a Barefaced cab unused could maybe get a head?

Warwick Gnome or TC BAM with the Barefaced would be great. I have the Gnome as a backup amp but have used it for gigs and rehearsals. The fan is quite quiet too which helps with home use. Around £130 new

Generally I don't like the little practice amps, they don't have a very satisfying sound and a proper bass sound is far more likely to encourage your daughter to play more often.

Also consider getting a Zoom B1-Four for headphone practice at some stage. Great sound, built in tuner/metronome/drum machine and you can mix in mp3's etc if she likes to play along with backing tracks or the originals.

• Like 3