Why become a member? ×

Aerodyne Special Precision

b7l4s

That's a cool looking Fender, I am kind of familiar with a version like this. I have this Tokai Hardpuncher from the 80´s that looks very much alike :) 

It doesn't have any contour where my forearm rests so it can be a little uncomfortable to play because of the sharp edge of the body.

The neck is quite the baseball bat also but I like it :)

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_body.jpg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, zbigniew said:

That's a cool looking Fender, I am kind of familiar with a version like this. I have this Tokai Hardpuncher from the 80´s that looks very much alike :) 

It doesn't have any contour where my forearm rests so it can be a little uncomfortable to play because of the sharp edge of the body.

The neck is quite the baseball bat also but I like it :)

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_body.jpg

If I may offer a tip from a long time Jack Casady player - get a stretchy wrist sweat band but pull it up your arm to where your arm meets the edge of the body. Looks ridiculous, but worth it for the improved comfort :)

25 minutes ago, neepheid said:

If I may offer a tip from a long time Jack Casady player - get a stretchy wrist sweat band but pull it up your arm to where your arm meets the edge of the body. Looks ridiculous, but worth it for the improved comfort :)

Hi, thank you for the advice, I’ll remember that next time I will use it on a gig 👍

11 hours ago, neepheid said:

Played a whole sweaty gig with my JC last Friday and forgot my sweatband!! Have to say it wasn't too uncomfortable but my sweaty arm kept slipping around on the bass 😄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

Played a whole sweaty gig with my JC last Friday and forgot my sweatband!! Have to say it wasn't too uncomfortable but my sweaty arm kept slipping around on the bass 😄

Oh yeah, I forgot about the grip on the edge it affords.

Last time I used it, I offset the ridiculousness of having a sweatband half way up my arm by wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors.  Was also a cheeky way of one-upping the bass player in the band on before us, who was merely wearing sunglasses.  I'm so petty :D

• Haha 2

21 hours ago, neepheid said:

Last time I used it, I offset the ridiculousness of having a sweatband half way up my arm by wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors.  Was also a cheeky way of one-upping the bass player in the band on before us, who was merely wearing sunglasses.  I'm so petty :D

Sunglasses a hat and a sweatband in doors... Ridiculous you say?
I have to disagree :D

13592615_10153419379376362_5357546491641106462_n.jpg.9a6033782bc329e7397e8a8b0614f200.jpg

• Like 4

On 22/06/2022 at 10:32, zbigniew said:

Does the link from the original post still work for you? Doesn't work for me anymore.

On 22/06/2022 at 10:55, b7l4s said:

No - it's gone... nothing in the wayback machine either. Curious

image.png.1e1d2cc390d90118930233f0ebeb4b75.png

On 23/06/2022 at 00:50, Duarte said:

Reminds me of the original Boxer series. I love it.

tjmrobvuaje9jdu0ljxw.jpeg.7c88a8e37c87c237c581eb19be12fcc4.jpeg

Wow I love that! I have guitar version,I didn't know they did a bass. I wish the modern reissues looked like this. Sort of a Spectory P bass 😁

7 hours ago, lee650 said:

Wow I love that! I have guitar version,I didn't know they did a bass. I wish the modern reissues looked like this. Sort of a Spectory P bass 😁

They awesome. I love their rounded edges. I have one of the medium scale PJ ones, but it's off for a refin and some other major surgery.

IMG_20211018_143821.thumb.jpeg.738a8b2bdda69e79a9cf92ae6d3651fb.jpeg

• Like 3

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fender-japan-aerodyne-special-precision.1567598/

Hey, let's call them Aerodynes, even though they're not. That way, we can count on Aerodyne and Boxer fans buying them!

Other than that, I have to say I've never heard anyone call white and two-color-burst vibrant before!

By the way, nice touch putting the white access plate on the green one. That's some heads-up thinking there.

531DE091-EFE2-4CDF-911A-DBDC3E37C634.jpeg.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk