Jump to content

Aerodyne Special Precision


b7l4s

Recommended Posts

That's a cool looking Fender, I am kind of familiar with a version like this. I have this Tokai Hardpuncher from the 80´s that looks very much alike :) 

It doesn't have any contour where my forearm rests so it can be a little uncomfortable to play because of the sharp edge of the body.

The neck is quite the baseball bat also but I like it :)

 

 

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_body.jpg

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, zbigniew said:

That's a cool looking Fender, I am kind of familiar with a version like this. I have this Tokai Hardpuncher from the 80´s that looks very much alike :) 

It doesn't have any contour where my forearm rests so it can be a little uncomfortable to play because of the sharp edge of the body.

The neck is quite the baseball bat also but I like it :)

 

 

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher.jpg

Tokai_81_Hardpuncher_body.jpg

 

If I may offer a tip from a long time Jack Casady player - get a stretchy wrist sweat band but pull it up your arm to where your arm meets the edge of the body. Looks ridiculous, but worth it for the improved comfort :)

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, neepheid said:

 

If I may offer a tip from a long time Jack Casady player - get a stretchy wrist sweat band but pull it up your arm to where your arm meets the edge of the body. Looks ridiculous, but worth it for the improved comfort :)

 


Hi, thank you for the advice, I’ll remember that next time I will use it on a gig 👍

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, neepheid said:

 

If I may offer a tip from a long time Jack Casady player - get a stretchy wrist sweat band but pull it up your arm to where your arm meets the edge of the body. Looks ridiculous, but worth it for the improved comfort :)

 

Played a whole sweaty gig with my JC last Friday and forgot my sweatband!! Have to say it wasn't too uncomfortable but my sweaty arm kept slipping around on the bass 😄

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, uk_lefty said:

Played a whole sweaty gig with my JC last Friday and forgot my sweatband!! Have to say it wasn't too uncomfortable but my sweaty arm kept slipping around on the bass 😄

 

Oh yeah, I forgot about the grip on the edge it affords.

 

Last time I used it, I offset the ridiculousness of having a sweatband half way up my arm by wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors.  Was also a cheeky way of one-upping the bass player in the band on before us, who was merely wearing sunglasses.  I'm so petty :D

 

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, neepheid said:

Last time I used it, I offset the ridiculousness of having a sweatband half way up my arm by wearing sunglasses and a hat indoors.  Was also a cheeky way of one-upping the bass player in the band on before us, who was merely wearing sunglasses.  I'm so petty :D

 

 

Sunglasses a hat and a sweatband in doors... Ridiculous you say?
I have to disagree :D

13592615_10153419379376362_5357546491641106462_n.jpg.9a6033782bc329e7397e8a8b0614f200.jpg

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 22/06/2022 at 10:32, zbigniew said:

Does the link from the original post still work for you? Doesn't work for me anymore.

 

On 22/06/2022 at 10:55, b7l4s said:

No - it's gone... nothing in the wayback machine either. Curious

 

image.png.1e1d2cc390d90118930233f0ebeb4b75.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/06/2022 at 00:50, Duarte said:

Reminds me of the original Boxer series. I love it.

 

tjmrobvuaje9jdu0ljxw.jpeg.7c88a8e37c87c237c581eb19be12fcc4.jpeg

Wow I love that! I have guitar version,I didn't know they did a bass. I wish the modern reissues looked like this. Sort of a Spectory P bass 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, lee650 said:

Wow I love that! I have guitar version,I didn't know they did a bass. I wish the modern reissues looked like this. Sort of a Spectory P bass 😁

 

They awesome. I love their rounded edges. I have one of the medium scale PJ ones, but it's off for a refin and some other major surgery.

 

IMG_20211018_143821.thumb.jpeg.738a8b2bdda69e79a9cf92ae6d3651fb.jpeg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

https://www.talkbass.com/threads/fender-japan-aerodyne-special-precision.1567598/

 

Hey, let's call them Aerodynes, even though they're not. That way, we can count on Aerodyne and Boxer fans buying them!

Other than that, I have to say I've never heard anyone call white and two-color-burst vibrant before!

By the way, nice touch putting the white access plate on the green one. That's some heads-up thinking there.

531DE091-EFE2-4CDF-911A-DBDC3E37C634.jpeg.jpg

Edited by jd56hawk
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...