Why become a member? ×

My oldest song.. 45yrs later!

Pinball

Yep this won't set the bass playing community alight but this is my oldest original song that I can still remember. Written by me as a teenager in the late 1970's and sung by the old guy in the picture. A good buddy eventually made it into a video.

That's just nuts!

See link: 

Edited by Pinball
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

• Pinball changed the title to My oldest song.. 45yrs later!
10 hours ago, Pinball said:

Lots of views, I should have released this earlier lol

Except that back in the late 70s it would have been a lot more expensive to release. Even if you had gone the ultra-budget Desperate Bicycles route, it would have still cost you at least £150 to record and press 500 copies (the minimum a pressing plant would consider) and back then that was a significant amount of money. And unless John Peel had picked it up for radio play and Rough Trade had distributed them you'd probably still be left with 450.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Except that back in the late 70s it would have been a lot more expensive to release. Even if you had gone the ultra-budget Desperate Bicycles route, it would have still cost you at least £150 to record and press 500 copies (the minimum a pressing plant would consider) and back then that was a significant amount of money. And unless John Peel had picked it up for radio play and Rough Trade had distributed them you'd probably still be left with 450.

Yes and come to think of it there was no Youtube, mobiles or Internet streaming services... Now I really feel old LOL

• 3 weeks later...