Why become a member? ×

Stu Hamm's Estonian Bass Oasis

Henrythe8

• 10 months later...

Up for this year's edition. 🙂 

I attended last year's and it was A BLAST. 

Really enjoyed it. Hours of bass playing and especially for me a lifelong dream as I played on stage with Stu - and the mighty Mattias Eklundh. 

MG_2731-Polarr-scaled.jpg?ssl=1

I encourage you to come this year, the other "big names" being Mohini Dey and Alex Skolnick. 

It's a week full of fun and bass. jams in some local bars are also a great way to play and enjoy yourself. 

We were about 7 or 8 attending last year making this experience a truly "insider" experience with the professionals. 

Plus Estonia is really cool. 🙂 

IMG_2165-polarr-copy-scaled.jpg?fit=800,

• Like 2

I'll make a proper thread on this tomorrow but Stu has recently announced he's nearly finished his new album, check the link for info. I've put in for a signed CD. The Estonian Bass Oasis event last year looked absolutely great, I'd love to go but work commitments keep me here. 

https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/stu-hamm-new-release-hold-fast-campaign#/

1 hour ago, spencer.b said:

Wow , looks good value , with the cheaper accommodation it's £650 for 5 days board ,food , and tuition!

Unfortunately I'm busy gigging that week otherwise I'd be all over this

Me too. I think it might start planning to go to the 2024 event now. Looks like a very nice part of the world too.

• 2 months later...

the main issue is that Estonia is a long way and makes it expensive to go there, although the price for the Bass Oasis itself is quite low, with 5 days accommodation and meals... Plus playing on stage with some big names and learning A LOT of stuff 🙂 

• 5 months later...
Posted (edited)

I registered for this year's edition again, and I can't recommend enough the trip if you can. 

Last year with Craig Blundell and Alex Skolnick and Mohini Dey was exceptionnal. 

This year, drums duty will be in the hands of Dennis Chambers, so it's a great opportunity to improve your groove. 

Edited by Henrythe8
  • Like 2

I remember buying his album Radio free albemuth (was that the name?) on vinyl when it came out. I ADORED the active tone from his Kubicki bass. Also, ‘Country music’ was one of those tracks that just blew your mind!

18 hours ago, Henrythe8 said:

I registered for this year's edition again, and I can't recommend enough the trip if you can. 

Last year with Greg Blundell and Alex Skolnick and Mohini Dey was exceptionnal. 

This year, drums duty will be in the hands of Dennis Chambers, so it's a great opportunity to improve your groove. 

Craig Blundell?

4 hours ago, Killerfridge said:

Craig Blundell?

Yes, Craig, sorry for the misshap. 

Here's a short clip of Craig, ALex and me playing Crazy Train. The singer is the organizer of the Bass Oasis. We had some serious fun. 

• Like 1

On 02/01/2024 at 13:16, Henrythe8 said:

Last year with Craig Blundell and Alex Skolnick and Mohini Dey was exceptionnal. 

The chance to play with Dennis Chambers is worth the asking alone. 

• Like 2

On 17/07/2023 at 11:53, Henrythe8 said:

the main issue is that Estonia is a long way and makes it expensive to go there, although the price for the Bass Oasis itself is quite low, with 5 days accommodation and meals... Plus playing on stage with some big names and learning A LOT of stuff 🙂 

I went to Tallin about ten years ago and it was very reasonable, both to get there and spending whilst out there. An interesting place. 

Also, the Russian border is only a 40 minute drive away from the venue for the event, which could be interesting in the current climate...! 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, peteb said:

I went to Tallin about ten years ago and it was very reasonable, both to get there and spending whilst out there. An interesting place. 

Also, the Russian border is only a 40 minute drive away from the venue for the event, which could be interesting in the current climate...! 

I was there last end of August, no worries nor problems were had.

I honestly diud not realize until my Brother told me I was crazy 🙂 

1 hour ago, Henrythe8 said:

I was there last end of August, no worries nor problems were had.

I honestly diud not realize until my Brother told me I was crazy 🙂 

Seriously, I doubt that there will be a problem in the next year or two - if nothing else, Russia has pressing issues elsewhere. We can only hope that it will remain so in the long-term. 

I'm not normally interested in these type of events, but this looks pretty good for the money and in the town looks great. We have already booked a couple of trips this year, but we really liked Estonia and have thought about going back - I reckon I could even sell this to the missus...! Who knows, maybe next year...