Why become a member? ×

Rhino's (Status Quo) headless Status for sale at Bass Gallery ... if you have a cool £15k

Clarky

Nice collectable or historical piece for a fan, but I'd rather have my S2000. Being played by a name has little interest for me, but I hope whomever gets it is a fan and really loves it. Especially if they play it and it's not just a prop in someone's office.

He is actually a humble chap. He came to the dressing room (tent) of a friend of mine, Deke Leonard, to get a single signed - Man’s Sudden Life - that he’d bought as a teenager. Unusual for a bill-topper, I was impressed. 

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Mickeyboro said:

He is actually a humble chap. 

He is really down to earth. Or at least he was when I met him. I sold him a Gibson EB3 and there was no ‘rock star’ airs or graces about him. Dead nice guy. 

But yeah, Alan Lancaster’s Mustang! Or his Travis Bean 🤤

Edited by meterman
spellinng
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, grenadillabama said:

One of my favorite singles is "Pictures of Matchstick Men" and I used to play it. Was that a common Fender bass  ? 

Saw an old TOTP show where they used a Burns. I'm guessing a Vista Sonic. Not quite sure about the record though! 

Didn’t he use an Alembic with Dexys ?!!

Always thought it looked slightly odd amongst the dungarees (but, check the boss version of ‘There There My Dear’ on YT somewhere)…class.

I loved the sound he had on "Road Noise", the live Judie Tzuke album.

ISTR it was his birthday, and he played his derrière off.

I thought that was either an 80s Aria, but probably was his Alembic as he had one early doors.

6 hours ago, mxm said:

Didn’t he use an Alembic with Dexys ?!!

Always thought it looked slightly odd amongst the dungarees (but, check the boss version of ‘There There My Dear’ on YT somewhere)…class.

Yep (and yes I had time on my hands)

20220624_144042.jpg

• Like 1

On 20/06/2022 at 18:06, Mickeyboro said:

He is actually a humble chap. He came to the dressing room (tent) of a friend of mine, Deke Leonard, to get a single signed - Man’s Sudden Life - that he’d bought as a teenager. Unusual for a bill-topper, I was impressed. 

On 20/06/2022 at 19:19, meterman said:

He is really down to earth. Or at least he was when I met him. I sold him a Gibson EB3 and there was no ‘rock star’ airs or graces about him. Dead nice guy. 

But yeah, Alan Lancaster’s Mustang! Or his Travis Bean 🤤

He turned up at a SE Bass Bash a few years ago. Top bloke :)

• Like 2