Why become a member? ×

Any moog Minotaur users here?

0175westwood29

Hi Andy,

I have a minitaur & use a KMI 12step via KMI midi expander to connect to the Moog .. also recently got a Y midi cable & can alternate between a normal keyboard midi controller & 12step .. I still have my MF Delay & Flange btw lol

With the PK-5A you can assign the Mono to one patch and the Poly to another and so change between two sounds on one switch press.

It also works for octaves, which is quite handy if you're in your "Clocks" phase.

Note that the Minitaur is octave limited, so it doesn't do the high notes; however, some people have used an octaver (EHX Pitchfork) to work around that.

On 20/06/2022 at 19:01, 0175westwood29 said:

Noice, did you have to set anything ? Or did it just work? 

Kinda just works :) .. I can change octave on 12 Step & run the mono out through a few pedals (flanger / phaser / reverb) .. kinda set n forget but I got the rack ears & can adjust things if I want. It does do presets but I’m not too bothered about that. Sounds great !

On 24/06/2022 at 18:12, prowla said:

With the PK-5A you can assign the Mono to one patch and the Poly to another and so change between two sounds on one switch press.

It also works for octaves, which is quite handy if you're in your "Clocks" phase.

Note that the Minitaur is octave limited, so it doesn't do the high notes; however, some people have used an octaver (EHX Pitchfork) to work around that.

Yeh I’m not to bothered about the high stuff looking for some low end rubble and cool layers I can add 

• 3 weeks later...