Why become a member? ×

Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray Old Smoothie - *SOLD*
£1800
Chester

drlargepants

Stingray 40th anniversary edition with paperwork and official hard case.

Has been gigged and rehearsed with but is in excellent condition. 

Plays incredibly well and sounds immense.  Build quality is exceptional. 

I have too many basses and I have a Status which does the same thing as this but also has fairy lights …

More info here: https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/old-smoothie

More photos on request, I’m currently down with covid so responses might be a bit slow or nonsensical 🤣 

317C6CBC-B5E9-4C3D-BDDC-2E8E82ECDA12.jpeg

32C5D5DA-A14F-4BE2-AF0D-E2F2C31708B9.jpeg

4BF4EEF8-5DE3-41DE-9D35-49DD261604DD.jpeg

Edited by drlargepants
Sold
  • Like 13

Just now, paul_5 said:

Is that a 5 string pickup on a 4 string bass? Pourquoi?

It was designed for Sterling ball to tame some of the zing from the prototype stingrays he was testing, these are a reproduction of that bass 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bunion said:

It was designed for Sterling ball to tame some of the zing from the prototype stingrays he was testing, these are a reproduction of that bass 

Yup, no Earnie Ball logo on headstock, slab body, but sensible truss rod adjustment also. 

Pretty much a Classic I suppose but with a different pickup 

The Old Smoothie was one of the original Stingray prototypes, definitely not a classic with a different pickup although I get the similarities. 

Since its introduction in 1976, the Music Man StingRay has been embraced as one of the world's classic electric bass designs. To celebrate, Ernie Ball Music Man is proud to introduce the 40th Anniversary "Old Smoothie" StingRay, a faithful reproduction of StingRay prototype #26, designed for Sterling Ball during his time spent testing and developing the original prototypes back in the 70's. Named for its smooth even tone that is reminiscent of the highly sought after vintage Music Man StingRay sound, "Old Smoothie" has been precisely reproduced including the one-of-a-kind custom made 10 pole piece pickup design, body headstock and pickguard shape, 34-inch scale maple neck and fingerboard, low profile narrow frets, hardware, and active electronics. New finish options for 2017 include Butterscotch and Mint Green.

https://www.music-man.com/instruments/basses/old-smoothie

Edited by carlsim

• drlargepants changed the title to SOLD Ernie Ball Musicman Stingray Old Smoothie