Why become a member? ×

Fender Jazz Bass "don't know anything about them"....

2 hours ago, sprocketflup said:

"Dont know anything about the guitar", but he knew enough to whack a Fender decal on it and not take any photos of the back 😒

In all fairness, there is a photo of the back. 

The rather un-Fender burst is suspiciously unmarked by any playing wear, but there's evidence of cosmetic modifications in places. Looks to me like someone tried to turn something into a Fender and didn't make an awfully good job of it.

Mind you, there have been periods when that description would have fitted Fender themselves ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Looks like an SX Jazz bass to me. £180ish new without the damage. 

People that auction basses with 'Don't know anything about it' 99% of the time know EXACTLY what they're selling but they're hoping for someone to come along and pay well over the odds for it on the assumption its legit. 

Just another con. 

• Like 2

Was just about to post about this blatant fake, someone beat me to it.

I'm not as well versed as some on Fenders but immediately I noticed that the headstock shape is wrong, the tuners are wrong, the bridge is wrong and that sloppy routing around the bridge pickup.

The bidding is currently at £270 !!! Eek!!!

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 19:04, binky_bass said:

Looks like an SX Jazz bass to me. £180ish new without the damage. 

People that auction basses with 'Don't know anything about it' 99% of the time know EXACTLY what they're selling but they're hoping for someone to come along and pay well over the odds for it on the assumption its legit. 

Just another con. 

The photos show exactly that its a modified cheap bass if you know what to look for, decal is all wrong, all those holes ect.. this is the typical con "I don't know about basses ", house clearance and all that garbage should automatically put serious buyers off. The winning bidder in in for a shock 🤨