Why become a member? ×

Saw Queen at the O2 last night (15th June)

police squad

Utterly amazing. I was blown away by everything

Adam Lambert, awesome

Roger Taylor's voice on These are the days of our lives, sublime

Whoever is playing bass was stunning and my wife asked me how I knew 'Another one bites the dust' was next. (she plays bass but wasn't looking)

Brian May, what is there left to say about this genius, humble gent

• Like 4

7 hours ago, KevB said:

Think it's still Neil Fairclough on bass?

Yes, I’m sure it is. I had a chat with him a few years ago when he was playing with a friend of mine at a local theatre. Seems like a really nice bloke. Next time I saw him it was at the O2 with Brian May standing beside him in place of my friend! He looks to have done pretty well for himself!

1 hour ago, Storky said:

Yes, I’m sure it is. I had a chat with him a few years ago when he was playing with a friend of mine at a local theatre. Seems like a really nice bloke. Next time I saw him it was at the O2 with Brian May standing beside him in place of my friend! He looks to have done pretty well for himself!

Yeah, a long way from the Rover’s  Return… 😁

• Haha 2

Just back from Queen at the O2, really surprised myself at how emotional I felt - they played a few snatches of Freddie's vocal which really caught me off guard. I've always been very sniffy of them carrying on without Freddie and John but I have to say I was completely wrong - Adam Lambert was excellent vocally and very respectful of the legacy generally.

Neil Fairclough was fantastic, both bass and vocally. Overall a really top night. Damn I hate it when my sanctimonious self is wrong...! ;)

• Like 4

8 hours ago, AxelF said:

Just back from Queen at the O2, really surprised myself at how emotional I felt - they played a few snatches of Freddie's vocal which really caught me off guard. I've always been very sniffy of them carrying on without Freddie and John but I have to say I was completely wrong - Adam Lambert was excellent vocally and very respectful of the legacy generally.

Neil Fairclough was fantastic, both bass and vocally. Overall a really top night. Damn I hate it when my sanctimonious self is wrong...! ;)

Absolutely