Why become a member? ×

Richer Sounds for your PA!

Phil Starr

I just found out that Richer Sounds are offering the Wharfedale A15 mk2 Sub at a decent price. I went into their shop in Exeter today and had a chat and it seems they have a deal with Wharfedale who will deliver direct via Richer Sounds. this Sub is about £70 cheaper than other suppliers in the UK. Looking over his shoulder it looked like they also have access to supply all or most of their PA range. I've had great experiences so far with Wharfedale gear (I own a complete EVP PA) and it's pretty budget in prices for genuine pro quality. I've also had good service from Richer Sounds for years. It's an unlikely place to buy PA but I thought it worth putting out there. I've no vested interest in this but I'm just curious. I guess they are selling Wharfedale hi fi so it's not much of a jump to sell their other stuff.

image.thumb.png.43924a9d65550045cc12839e8a479006.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BigRedX said:

Will that apply to speakers are taken out to gigs rather than just placed in the relative safety of your lounge?

Good point, I flippantly mentioned the guarantee as it was on the listing but:

Commercial, professional or semi-professional use and use on commercial premises is specifically excluded.

I was surprised how good the Wharfedale after sales service was. I had an idiot sound engineer and a dicky lead, in combination it resulted in one of my EVP subs being turned up full and an almighty thump from the phantom power not being as phantom as it should have been blowing the speaker. Replacement arrived return of post for £85 which I thought pretty good for a 20 year old model.

1 minute ago, leroydiamond said:

Most importantly Richer sounds give 15% of their profits to charities and the original owner, Julian Richer transferred ownership of the company to its employees. Outstanding company with outstanding values!

He also used to employ a group of musos to go out and play pub gigs with.

27 minutes ago, leroydiamond said:

Most importantly Richer sounds give 15% of their profits to charities and the original owner, Julian Richer transferred ownership of the company to its employees. Outstanding company with outstanding values!

That was 2019, time flies! And he gave all staff except directors a payout.

Look here for all the charters and codes they work to.

https://www.richersounds.com/the-richer-way

It was £1,000 per year of service, average length of service was 8 years.

I met Julian Richer and his wife when they came to one of our regular acoustic gigs in a Scarborough cafe.

Both lovely people and massive fans of live music too. He’s a drummer in a band called ‘Ten 

Millennia’ who gig regularly, with his wife Rosie being the singer. They’ve supported Jools Holland amongst many others. Julian’s charity work is endless, and he’s just one of those great guys who runs his business in a responsible manner. 

(A member of my family worked for Richer Sounds for a number of years and loved it too.)

Edited by casapete
Speling
  • Like 1

On 16/06/2022 at 08:09, Burns-bass said:

I love Richer Sounds. Hands down the best service I’ve ever received in a chain retailer. 

I remember many many years ago going to their Bristol branch for a set of Wharfedale Delta 30 speakers. I'd seen good bang-for-buck reviews and they were pretty much the best I could afford on my limited budget. I was all ready for a pushy salesman to try to talk me into something more expensive, so I went in ready for an argument and said to the assistant, "I'd like some Wharfedale Delta 30s please". He just sighed and smiled and said "Oh I love it when someone knows what they want... I'll just go get you a boxed pair..." :lol: 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Daz39 said:

Was it a good place to work?

There were many perks for sure, they did me some favours and I made mates for life.
But on the whole, it was pretty hellish. I won’t go into details in public and I’m sure things have changed in the interim. (Except the Public!)

Edited by gafbass02
  • Like 1