Why become a member? ×

Does Yer Headstock Rock?

ChWillie

I actually really like the design of the Harley Benton headstock on my GuitarBass (Bass VI), looks much better than the Fender one in my opinion. .

And the logo actually looks pretty nice too, though I taped it over, not because I am hiding the fact that it's a budget instrument, I do this with all brand logos on my instruments and amps/cabs.

Harley-Benton-Guitar-Bass-Headstock-smal

This picture was shot before I taped the Harley Benton logo over, for reference:

Harley-Benton-Guitar-Bass-Artistic-12-co

Edited by Baloney Balderdash

5 minutes ago, Maude said:

Except that it says 'Slack Casady'. 

Once seen it never leaves. 😄

It's been the band's nickname for me for some time now.  Thanks Jack - you play better than you sign your name, that's for sure :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Best: headless

Next best: compact and lightweight with straight string runs.

sgc-nanyo-bass-collection-sb-300-series-

Maybe a bit of decoration, but keep those strings straight:

Headstock.jpg.ec6ce36e0d4306697280562541b55fe9.jpg

While the Precision headstock is a pointless oversized overweight blob, the Tele headstock is all of that and fugly as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stub Mandrel said:

I'm sorry, that defines fugly...

It's the ultimate in practicality. It means I can hook my Tsai basses on a washing line. None of the other poxy headstocks in this thread can boast that, can they?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

47 minutes ago, Doctor J said:

You can also keep a sausage roll there while it cools, so you don't burn your fingers. That's a very versatile design.

I think this suggestion is bordering on genius!!

The old rockist cliche of a fag shoved behind the E string is tired and so passe.... Doctor J's idea is forward looking and, with the option of the vegan variety, inclusive and environmentally aware too.

Hail the new Rock'n'sausageRoll !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

My Tastes are rooted in basses that were designed in the years I was a toddler for some reason, so my favourites are:

584711287_IMG_3628Medium.jpeg.078beec2cf9ac4ce1cef049735b5dbd7.jpeg2009042752_IMG_5694Medium.jpeg.4694d5a401e89896ef73c84c8224e3da.jpeg14383353_800.jpg.c78a951bc5b965537ee6ad893399e8ab.jpg

There's something particularly majestic about the headstock on my Guild Starfire II, and the mustang shape just looks right with the lollipop tuners on the JMJ.

My Epiphone vintage pro thunderbirds really needed the Gotoh res-o-lite GB640 tuners to look right though.

• Like 2