Why become a member? ×

Glastonbury Festival

SteveXFR

29 minutes ago, BreadBin said:

My cohorts and I have always called it Pilton anyway. I used to work there but haven't for a while. Not since I stopped being willing to do it for free funnily enough. 

You evil, greedy capitalist. Think of all the exposure you could get.

1 hour ago, Woodinblack said:

Indeed - who could miss the babycham statue, an icon of the west, like the angel of the north is to wherever that is.

Its like a lighthouse one the shore of an ocean of granny booze.

At least Shepton hasn't suffered the invasion of hipsters and crystal healing, vintage wearing, junk shop frequenting, hippy rich London people we've got here in Frome. I went for a pint last night in the latest hipster craft beer place to see what it's all about, £6.20 for a pint of very weird tasting IPA. I seem to have wandered off in to a whole different rant here.

13 hours ago, yorks5stringer said:

Whenever there is music at The Priston Club he comes down (in his shorts!) and chats to bands.

He's still wearing his shorts! Bumped into him near Minehead a couple of years ago. We watched  him enter and his exposed legs were the first thing we saw coming through the door! Didn't recognise him till he sat down near us. Mrs Mep had her photo taken with him and I had to crop her out before sharing.

20220616_223403.jpg

2 hours ago, SteveXFR said:

Its like a lighthouse one the shore of an ocean of granny booze.

At least Shepton hasn't suffered the invasion of hipsters and crystal healing, vintage wearing, junk shop frequenting, hippy rich London people we've got here in Frome.

At least Frome has some actual shops, unlike Glastonbury which is entirely crystals! Frome even has a guitar shop, although I see what you mean about it heading hipsterwards. 

13 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

At least Frome has some actual shops, unlike Glastonbury which is entirely crystals! Frome even has a guitar shop, although I see what you mean about it heading hipsterwards. 

FWIW Frome is my Saturday destination for the 'Saturday Small Shop', Sainos and the Rye Bakery.....there's often one of those electrically powered rickshaws around when I pick up my Heritage Sourdough.....

Edited by yorks5stringer

Just now, yorks5stringer said:

FWIW Frome is my Saturday destination for the 'Saturday Small Shop', Sainos and the Rye Bakery.....there's often one of those electrically powered rickshaws around when I pick up my Heritage Sourdough.....

We don't go there often, but I was there last week.

1 hour ago, yorks5stringer said:

there's often one of those electrically powered rickshaws around when I pick up my Heritage Sourdough.....

Those bloody things are a pain in the ring. If you get stuck behind one, it's impossible to overtake. The que of traffic behind them must far outweigh the pollution saving of the electric hipster mobile.

14 hours ago, Woodinblack said:

We do have a crystal seller at the market every Saturday for all your crystal needs. Apparently there's such a thing as an essential crystal!

The music shop is actually pretty good, it's the one shop I do use in town. The owner has had it since the 70's, nice old bloke.

3 minutes ago, SteveXFR said:

Those bloody things are a pain in the ring. If you get stuck behind one, it's impossible to overtake. The que of traffic behind them must far outweigh the pollution saving of the electric hipster mobile.

We do have a crystal seller at the market every Saturday for all your crystal needs. Apparently there's such a thing as an essential crystal!

The music shop is actually pretty good, it's the one shop I do use in town. The owner has had it since the 70's, nice old bloke.

Yes, I pick up a few bags of crystal meth most Saturdays...

• Haha 1